2024 Class Reachout day (June 15th 2022)

Lol…disband the whole team. Obviously our situation is hopeless and we can’t compete.

2 Likes

No, just hold open gym tryouts every August. Tony’d probably still win the ACC most years.

7 Likes

He’s played some point. He’s a good player. Just to UVA, wing is more where he’d probably fit into the recruiting equation. And truthfully if things go well with 2023 recruits like Gertrude, don’t know if UVA would chase Mustaf that much.

5 Likes

Gertrude comparison was my first thought. I saw the pg label and thought “as much a pg as Gertrude” LOL

1 Like

As a youngin (for this board’s standards at least) I’ve never seen the entire inside of Uhall in a picture before and I have to say that that stadium has an absolutely beautiful design. Can’t speak to it’s practically for watching games but aesthetically it’s very very interesting to look at.

4 Likes

It wasn’t a great game-watching venue in that center-court seats were actually the farthest from the court. They put metal folding chairs on risers on the sidelines, but a round building for a game played on a rectangular surface wasn’t very practical. It sure did get nice and loud in there for big games, though.

6 Likes

I’m no architect, but I find this stuff interesting. U-Hall seemed to be built during a “circular” era in sports architecture and also a bit of multi-purpose era. Maybe that made some design sense, but IMO it wasn’t that aesthetically pleasing.

It was a great place to see a game in the first 10 or so rows of the student section, but the sideline seats (i.e., the big donor seats) were not so great.

It was cool when it got loud in there, but at least in my era (95-99), that was pretty few and far between.

I will say, from the outside, it was a very cool, interesting, distinctive looking building, and you’d notice it from far away.

3 Likes

Juke is loose! I’m a fan of this guy. Big guard 6’5+, straight bucket getter.

18 Likes

Excuse my language, but between SC NC VA MD PA NJ and Wisconsin of course, there are so many gahdamn wings in the 2024 class in the region. I think the whole “we need to recruit locally” takes are silly/basketball is not football recruiting. But man there are a lot of high level wings within driving distance for all the unofficials.

7 Likes

2024 point guard Dellquan Warren with a graphic showing UVA interest. He could possibly reclass to 2023/that option is there. Same aau team as Isaac McKneely

7 Likes

I can’t wait to never hear about 75% of these kids a la Justin Edwards

6 Likes

I feel like that’s how it always goes. The first batch of kids we offer are always the hardest kids to get; the kids who are in that 40-150 range and then blow up to 5 stars next summer LOL.

Mustaf is definitely that. No idea on Juke Harris but he seems good and has some intangibles (long arms, good athlete, etc.).

8 Likes
2 Likes

New Villanova boss has a different take on this scholarship offer business for sure

8 Likes
14 Likes

Things I like: Caleb Williams getting an offer.
Things I don’t like: posting a picture of Justin McKoy and Casey Morsell in the offer announcement

10 Likes

Yeah noticed that too LOL

10 Likes

The Casey Justin pic is just too on the nose

6 Likes

His Indiana offer got nearly 600 likes and his Villanova offer got nearly 400. Let’s see if we can get close to those

2 Likes

Well this offer tweet should attract unc and nc state Fans too

3 Likes