'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

And Miami just got thumped by a 1-3 Dayton team. Yikes.

Daron Holmes looked good. Nice piece for Dayton going forward.

1 Like

ACC has been wildly unimpressive outside of Duke. A lot of teams just filled with deficiencies like us.

Had a chance to watch the Tech game and if this was a normal ACC then they’re a middle of the pack team. Murphy is going to have a really hard time against consistent ACC level PGs given his size and lack of strength. Memphis was ripe for an upset and played iso ball yet Tech just couldn’t pull ahead. I think they’ll finish near the top of the ACC because of the rest of the league being down and their shooting, but their fans calling this a final 4 team are a special kind of delusional. They are undersized and don’t really have anyone that can create offense. They’ll miss Radford

4 Likes

We should’ve stayed on Holmes. Leading scorer today. That springy 4 we’re missing.

8 Likes

This MSU-Baylor game is a good high-level game so far. Impressed with both squads.

1 Like

Is Joey Hauser hurt or just far out of the rotation?

1 Like

Far out of the rotation…

He has been a walking turnover. All these Bahamas games have been high level

Edit: he also hasnt made shots on clean looks. Although his J looks good it hasnt gone in

4 Likes

I must make amends. Early last year I speculated we got rhe wrong Hauser. After watching MSU in the Bahamas I was dead wrong.

3 Likes

Miami holds on against North Texas, thank goodness. Didn’t look good again though. I honestly wonder how much longer Larrañaga is going to be around. Wonder if the new AD they land may have a gentle conversation with him about hanging it up.

2 Likes

Oh no, Georgia Tech is down double digits to Georgia Southern at the half. Trying to will all the ACC teams to not catastrophically screw up in the OOC feels like herding cats again this season. Turn your back for a second to make lunch and somebody is giving up 100 points to Colgate or losing to Citadel by double digits at home.

Edit: But GT has come out swinging in the second half. Come on guys.

3 Likes

At this point I’m rooting against every team in the ACC all year. I’d rather the conference just be bad so we can finish fourth or better. We do that and beat Iowa and we are in the dance. Long term the ACC is still the ACC. But we’re about to see a lot of coaching turnover.

2 Likes

Well, I mean, as you know, the only games that affect conference standing are conference games. I’ll obviously want us to beat every ACC team once conference play starts, but if the conference is hot garbage in the OOC it hurts the number of teams we get in the tournament and our seeding in March. If we finish 5th in the ACC but don’t make the tournament because the conference is trash in OOC, that’d be very frustrating. That’s why I’m pulling for the other teams to avoid bad losses.

3 Likes

Man watching DaRon Holmes with Dayton, we better be texting Al Amadou and Dylan James in the class of 2023 every single day. We need as many of those forward bigs as possible.

7 Likes

Tech is lucky as hell

2 Likes

Lol. Screw you Kansas. And yeah, think we made a bad call not closing Holmes.

7 Likes

Watching Holmes, Sochan, Keels, and Furst having the starts to the season they are isn’t my favorite thing.

3 Likes

Add Houstan in there, pretty sure he’s averaging double figures.

1 Like

I think he’s shooting pretty poorly but is playing a lot of minutes.

Look at the ACC, winning some of our buy games today like a boss.

4 Likes

Yea ,Holmes would have been ours if we had stayed on him

1 Like