'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

Can’t remember thinking any guard we’ve landed was an early entry possibility, but I did miss the mark on Tobey & Mamadi. Tobey produced on a pretty high level as a FR, and I assumed with natural progression he’d leave early…problem was he never got much better. Didn’t regress, just not much better. With his size and athleticism I thought Mamadi would leave after the championship.

1 Like

@brogdonfanpage

6 Likes

Who? I don’t know who that is. I dare not speak his name anymore.

7 Likes

And as if today couldn’t get worse, Cuse is choking this Wake game away making our win even less impressive

Lol are you mad at Trey Murphy?

2 Likes

Did Trey Murphy transfer to unc?

Nah I’m all for guys leaving early and getting paid. I’m gonna love Virginia no matter what.

1 Like

Serious about Murphy? He was always a one and done - it was just whether he would
Redshirt first

Hey! My Miami thing might be right.

Also Keels is yuge. And getting bigger

Roach, Moore, Morsell, Hunter Dickinson. All sort of meh, amirite? They all must have helped each other look good

Ooh , Charlie Moore, nifty. Nova Moore? Nah

Miami is decent, but Duke’s got 5 first round picks (Banchero, griffin, Williams, Keels, Wendell Moore). They’re still figuring it out tho

Wow wow wow! Moore misses but board and bucket. What’s keels doing there?

Ha ha! Charlie Moore

Thank you Miami.

Sincerely, the World

3 Likes

Like I said, Miami is the best team in the ACC. Never a doubt in my mind

1 Like

Keels was not good in that game. If I’m K, I don’t like him taking that many shots when he was off with that many other weapons.

1 Like

I suddenly feel a little less bad about the loss, as 5 top 25 teams lost to unranked teams. Duke obviously the biggest one, though #20 Colorado State lost by 30 to unranked SDSU. Plus Kansas lost to #25 Texas Tech.

Maybe no one but Baylor is any good this year.

1 Like

I didn’t realize they were so good… who is Charlie Moore?

That Charlie Moore and-1 going in from that angle was divine intervention to beat Dook, I’m convinced

2 Likes

Decently highly ranked recruit back in the Ty/Kyle/Dre class who started at Cal then bounced to Kansas, DePaul, and now Miami. He never really lived up to the hype but he is pretty crafty.

2 Likes

Goes to show you how important good guard play is. I’m beginning to see Reece turn into the great player we were all hoping for, despite the lack of a reliable jumper, so now we just really need McKneely to be on the same trajectory as Guy and Jerome so by 2023-2024 season we have the type of backcourt that can get us back to our elite ways. Then hope one of Taine, Dunn, Bond, or potentially a transfer plugs in at that other guard spot to round out the backcourt.

4 Likes

Yeah once Reece is unencumbered by the 3 stars this year - and hopefully Franklin minutes being reduced - he’ll average 10 assists per game …. Salivating at him surrounded by Isaac and Isaac and Igor and Taine and I wish Carson but suspect he’ll be elsewhere… could hear it in his voice on that interview…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ndmbb/status/1480998932327145473?s=21

5 Likes

Not a great sign

2 Likes