'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

Posting this before our game?

6 Likes

Umm, oh yeah. I kinda forgot about it and I’m even going to the game.

I’ll fix it.

6 Likes

A short handed Xavier just held off VT. Missed opportunity for a cheap resume win for the Hokes.

14 Likes

Hate to see that Hokies…LOL

2 Likes

Just saw one of the Tech twitters say they outplayed Xavier. Kinda of a dumb thing to tweet when Xavier was down 4 of their top 7. They don’t give 2 hoots about basketball if we’re being honest too.

1 Like

They are so wildly delusional. They thought stormy Murphy was going to catapault them from a 10 seed to final four and it’s been 2 power five games and they already want bede back

3 Likes

So am I the only one thinking Duke might have the best roster in the country to match up with Gonzaga?

Zags favored by 8? no idea where the game is but I like Duke with points

4 Likes

This is hilarious to me seeing it play out. In what world was a 5’9 slow PG not gonna struggle against ACC competition? And they legit thought that landing him made them a F4 team. A team with no slashers, no depth, limited size, etc but a transfer from Wofford would put them over the hump after their epic 11 seed, zero tournament win, covid 2020 season.

They love to set unrealistic expectations and it’s always hilarious to watch them never get met.

1 Like

I think Duke either wins or they get hammered haha Gonzaga breaks teams on offense the way UVA does on defense. If Duke or anybody blinks at the wrong time it can snowball fast. On the other hand if they can avoid that type of big run, I like Duke as the tougher team in a possession by possession game late.

8 Likes

They have so many weapons. I don’t think Duke has the depth

1 Like

Think it comes down to Banchero getting one of Timme or Chet into foul trouble early. I think Duke’s backcourt can give Nembhard problems. He can get sped up against quality defenders. Get him rattled and one of the two Zags bigs stuck on the bench and the Dukies have a shot.

1 Like

If the Zags can impose their will on offense pushing the tempo with wave after wave of talent I don’t think Duke can keep up. They have a much shorter rotation and that’s tough with a team that pushes and has Zaga depth

Zags 91 Duke 82

Keels is gonna wanna show out. Lets see if he will like against Kentucky

2 Likes

Yea not saying I’d take Duke. Just that there is a realistic path to victory whereas not sure there was for UCLA (at least without Riley) earlier this week.

1 Like

Duke may run the table in the ACC this year

6 Likes

They’ll have a stupid game against Georgia Tech or Clemson or something but they have to be heavy favorites

3 Likes

Man i thought that last night but was afraid to speak it into existence. But their bigs will own the ACC

6 Likes

As long as they lose in the tourney I’ll be happy. Couldn’t care less how they do in the ACC given how down it is. They are on a completely different level then the next tier

2 Likes