'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

But I also don’t see why, despite our current deficiencies, we can’t be in the top third of the league. Overall the ACC isn’t looking great this year, or even good, and we’re beginning to see what this team could look like if they put it all together.

8 Likes

If we keep getting better on D we can do it

4 Likes

I think Duke could lose to a very good team if they don’t shoot well. so, yeah, they might run the table. :wink:

I’d put the O/U at 2 ACC losses, I think. Maybe 1.5. This team is tailor made for Joey Bakers alleged skills and it’s still not working…

2 Likes

While I think Duke is by far the best team in the ACC, they won’t run the table. Last night had an E8/F4/National Final intensity to it. They won’t play at that level every night…no team could.

That said, they have to be the favorites to win the whole thing now…not just the ACC.

5 Likes

100% timing couldn’t be better for an off yr. Hoos have a punchers chance in every league game

3 Likes

Interestingly Torvik still has them as 5th best odds to win the title behind Gonzaga, Purdue, Baylor, and Texas.

1 Like

They had a few clunkers against some cupcakes. I think they beat Campbell by only 10 or so. They’ve saved their best performances for the bright lights. The predictive ratings don’t have any way to account for that. (They sorta do, but not in the aggregate)

3 Likes

Yea I get that. Also probably still too early in the year to read much into it anyway. I’m still taking Gonzaga if I have to pick one team to win the title. They are already close to the top and still have another level they can reach as Holmgren and Hickman settle in.

You gotta think Banchero knows when there are 200 NBA scouts at the arena. He sure played like it last night and at MSG vs UK

4 Likes

If Coach K’s back stays healthy, the sky is the limit for this Duke team.

2 Likes

Won’t be Gonzaga or Duke

Didn’t he have to leave both games with cramps? His body must be completely amped for big games.

1 Like

Definitely the first game more than once. He left last night as well but never heard why. Assume cramps

1 Like

Well there are 350+ other teams so you are probably right lol

Same thing happened to me when i was on that yiggabob

Edit i do not know or believe Banchero is on anything and let the record show neither have I.

2 Likes

Seems some dudes cramp up more than others. Creatine?

2 Likes

Yeah I imagine to has something to do with diet. But Keels didn’t cramp up.

I am sure that some Duke manager was spotted sprinting at full speed into a grocery store to pick up bananas this morning.

2 Likes

lol forgot Mack was still on his suspension.

https://twitter.com/CoachChrisMack/status/1464643815139123206/photo/1

I hate that picture. Why did you bring it into my life?

3 Likes