'21 - '22 In-Season UVa Basketball Chat

8 Likes

We somehow didn’t even have the worst loss last night. Oregon got slaughtered by 32 at home to Unranked BYU

7 Likes

I celebrate every Maryland loss.

10 Likes

And #4 Michigan lost to unranked Marquette at home. We were at worst 3rd.

4 Likes

Michigan lost to Seton Hall and Illinois lost to Marquette lol

2 Likes

Oh, that’s right. Though Illinois’ loss was the day before, I think.

The Big East is having itself a nice OOC.

2 Likes

Tyty has been making BANK. Don’t think anyone in college basketball has come close to him in capitalizing off of NIL.

1 Like

Purdue Villanova today will be an interesting match up. Purdue doesn’t defend the 3 ball well, but on the other end 6’6 Eric Dixon small ball center vs all the trees Purdue has.

Also watching the game yesterday, frustrating how freshman Big man Caleb Furst is a better 3pt shooter than either Kihei or Reece (no idea on season stats but he made atleast two yesterday and his shot looked smooth).

Lotsa good games today

2 Likes

I have to do a better job of maintaining my enthusiasm for watching hoops even when UVA is struggling a little. As soon as UVA loses, I just black out hoops for a while.

8 Likes

I love college basketball but nothing surpasses my love for the NFL on the whole

I do too. It just kills my normal enthusiasm for college basketball. When UVA is playing good I’m watching all the competition as often as I can

4 Likes

When UVA is playing well, I’m like a college basketball addict. I watch games of our OOC opponents pulling for them so that our SOS looks better. I watch other ACC games pulling for them (except Duke and VT) so the conference looks stronger. I watch other P5 games to pull against other P5 teams and root for underdogs. I also listen to every Titus & Tate episode while I cook.

When UVA is struggling, I don’t even check scores and end up watching Deep Impact on a Saturday night cause I can’t find anything else to put on.

8 Likes

Ditto, except country boy watches old westerns

5 Likes

Man watching this Purdue Villanova game these teams are just on another level. Like a few levels above where our ceiling could be. We will get back there hopefully 2023-24.

We may even have the roster pieces to compete if every player on our current roster actualized their potential but thats a HUGE ask lol.

3 Likes

Two loaded teams but Purdue is special. Furst is sure impressive.

2 Likes

I used to be the same way about the NFL and grew up a huge Niners fan (grew up in Bor Cal).

But then I got into a serious fantasy football league. I was only in it for 2-3 years but it just totally changed watching football for me and it never switched back.

1 Like

What impresses me most about Purdue is that Caleb Furst starts over Trevion Williams even though Williams is the experienced veteran/team captain.

Last season Trevion Williams was first team big 10 I think. And yet Painter still has him coming off the bench.

I hope Tony sees that and thinks of what could be if we play the young guys.

3 Likes

It’s also really obvious why CTB liked Faust. Hopefully Traudt will give us that and more.

5 Likes

Agree. Edey and Williams are two of the best players on Purdue, but can’t really play together. I wonder if there are any lessons from that for our team?

5 Likes