'21 Virginia Football

I hear you, and again just my opinion, but we let the other offense stay in rhythm. Not so much a matter of rest as breaking momentum. Harder to keep momentum for an offense that has been on the sidelines for 8 minutes of game clock and 20 minutes actual time.

3 Likes

For me the offense failed the team at times when they were unable to generate sustained drives. Yea scoring is the name of the game but theres a reason every team has a 2min 4 min 8 min offense to chew clock and choke out the opposing offense. That woulda been helpful in the BYU and UNC games. Dont have to be less gimmicky or explosive just maybe slow the tempo

5 Likes

Even with that a bowl only takes 6 wins. 5 against FBS competition. It’s not exactly a high bar. Like I said we shouldn’t hold it against TE if he doesn’t make one but I expect most prognosticators to project us to make a bowl game next year. QBs of Brennan’s level really aren’t expected to miss bowls regardless of surrounding circumstances.

6 Likes

Bingo! It’s not about stats! GW would have had a running game and preached keeping high-powered offenses off the field. I just get the impression that Bronco had “no” control over Anae!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jacquiefran_/status/1476638113099399177?s=21
I mean I won’t celebrate a guy leaving, but I’m glad that this hopefully means more carries for Hollins

9 Likes

I’ve honestly never been a huge fan. He’s a good hand but a touch injury prone and not explosive. 1000 yrds in 4 yrs isn’t setting the world on fire

7 Likes

Talupapa = Kihei Clark. (senior veteran looking for 5th year)

Reece = Mike Hollins. (talented 2nd year prospect who will thrive with the bigger opportunity)

You’re welcome for bringing that discourse to this thread LOL

25 Likes

I was gonna make the exact same analogy but didn’t for fear of causing the board to implode :joy:

4 Likes

Not a bad analogy difference for me is for better or worse Kihei has been a key part of the basketball team. Talupapa has been a cog in a crowded backfield at best.

3 Likes

The true alternative Hoo fans know Darrington was the real answer this season. Hope he applies for another year.

10 Likes

Good points @BDragon and @MaineWahoo. Outside of Wayne over the past 3 seasons we *rarely have heard about any other running backs. Ronnie Walker transferring here, Mike Hollins, Darrington etc. were bigger guys but were *never involved.

5 Likes

So…the offense might’ve been more effective with some two back sets is what you’re saying?

6 Likes

nvm

1 Like

Well, this should give Hollins the chance to show how good he is. I’m excited for that but if you ain’t got no blocking it doesn’t matter a lot how good you are.I don’t understand so many of the Oline leaving. It’s not often you have a great quarterback to block for. How many linemen we lose?

3 Likes

It’s amazing how Pitt can make every game look like another Saturday in the Coastal. Sloppy ugly football

Haven’t followed all of it today but pretty funny seeing UVA and Tech Twitter team up to call out UNC’s lack of player development

8 Likes

Yep
Narduzzi just looks painfully unlikable

1 Like

This Bama team is not good.

Edit they will also win a national championship

3 Likes

Dont know if the “team” is good but the players are. Also think Saban being coy and holding back tonight for the final

1 Like

Hot take: when I see a football player sucking down oxygen on the sidelines my first thought is poor conditioning.

2 Likes