2nd Spring Live Period Recap

giphy

6 Likes

You should know by now that one thing in this world utterly impossible to do is to speed up the actions of a CTB coached team.

5 Likes

On visits

“I think UCLA would be a cool place to go, maybe Virginia,” he said. “A couple of offers I just got, if they ask, I’d go on official visits there. Soon I’m going to cut down my list, maybe next month. We’ll see how it goes and what new offers come to me. We’ll see what happens.”

8 Likes

McKneely’s trainer is now a coach with NJ Scholars AAU team… DJ Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw? That duo would fit the pg and mamadi big we are looking for in 2023

3 Likes

We only get those guys with a connection too

What was the pre-existing connection with Jayden? I’ve either never heard or forgotten (one is as likely as the other).

1 Like
3 Likes

True but those guys weren’t “highest bidder” recruitments. Jayden even turned down will wade. And Sampson at Houston isn’t the cleanest coach but we got Murphy from him and Villanova

That reminds me, we talked to a lot of players last summer, and Jayden was probably the most fun. You just knew from talking to him that he was exactly the player that we would see on the court. Can’t wait to see where/if he can continue to develop his game this season.

12 Likes

Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

1 Like

Maybe we should all readjust our next offer guesses?

Also how about this line, talk about stealth:

Virginia made the trip out to see him multiple times during the high school season and Tony

6 Likes

Virginia as a school in contact. Formerly at Lake Braddock in Fairfax county and now at Bishop Ireton. Fully gave up football after picking up basketball offers (Wisconsin most recently). Williford liked his tweet announcing that he was giving up football to go basketball full time.

4 Likes

I would very much like this pick up. If there are kids in Virginia with size who can shoot the 3, we should be all over them. Especially as he already has Columbia and Harvard offers.

Also maybe one place we could have some legit NIL opportunities would be NOVA kids going to UVA.

4 Likes

Silas Demary
Freddie Dilione
Jamie Kaiser
Tafara Gapare reclassed to 2022 and redshirted
Blake Buchanan redshirted to 2024

Plus
the 2022s and Taine

Plus
a “5 star” transfer addition if needed.

1 Like

Does he have a UVa offer?

No one outside Cam Christie does LOL but he might soon. I dont think he’s an offer the upcoming weeks but maybe during the june/july events

4 Likes

Edwards and Jackson?

I’m guessing we’d see him in the Joe Harris mold. Big bodied guard who can shoot. Would love to have that again.

2 Likes

offer that is actually realistic. GG and Justin are never coming here

6 Likes

Good find. :clap::clap::clap:

Interesting that 247 has Virginia listed as the only “WARM,” even though we haven’t offered. @HoozGotNext, got any intel?

1 Like