2nd Spring Live Period Recap

4 Likes

Maryland board thinks they’ve got him in the bag if they want him. Lol. Maryland fans…don’t get me started.

3 Likes

Saw one of their users say he’s close with the Dad and that Jamie was about to commit to them for Football before he blew up basketball wise.

I think basketball wise he’s going to pick us over them. He’s a UVA basketball fan.

The only offer that would scare me is Duke and they already full and he’s not at PVI so we should be good. Maybe at Oak Hill he can help flip Caleb Foster since Duke has another 5 star pg in that class lol

1 Like

He’s not a Dook-level recruit is he!??

You tell us…

I can’t call it.

1 Like

But you have an opinion, I think

1 Like

I’m asking those who have seen him in-game. The highlights I’ve seen look solid. I’ve been told he’s solid.

1 Like

Same for me. Seems to be growing into his game etc. I need to go watch kids play to have a real opinion

3 Likes

My opinion is what I’ve been told, once folks start mentioning Dook, that was something I hadn’t heard up until this point.

Zactly, bro. Same!

I will say this, the fact he plays much better comp than the Idaho kid.

1 Like

Yessir. Sounds familiar. You need to see the Memphis circuit late 80s! Am kidding

Edit: Not kidding

2 Likes

TJ Power

BABC || 2023 || Forward

Power was one of the best + most consistent performers I saw during Gym Rat LIVE. On Day Two he picked up right where he left off on Day One. He’s a versatile, skilled, & well-rounded forward that has reeled in high major offers. He is at his best operating in the high-post where he can shoot in the mid-range area, drive downhill to the rim, or find an open teammate. Power is an accurate passer, especially out of the post & double teams. He proved to be a polished shot-maker, whether it was off the bounce or catch. He uses a polished handle to create space to connect on jumpers from the perimeter. Power can be utilized in the pick & pop which is a tough cover for opposing defenses. He’s a solid positional rebounder who does a great job boxing out bigger opponents. He recently pulled in offers from Stanford & Virginia, however I expect this list to continue to grow over the summer.

https://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/1225748

5 Likes

Looks a legit 6’8/6’9 not a 6’7 “6’9”. He looked about the same height as Kwame Evans Jr when team durant played BABC (also schooled him/have I mentioned Kwame Evans is violently overrated? Sorry Uncle Willy)

Curently shooting 47% from 3 in aau play. Could be a higher ceiling Hauser. Averaging 8 rebounds a game too against solid bigs.

The box score from when TJ Power cooked Kwame Evans Jr.

AAU stats (You can click to see the different categories).
https://www.theseasonticket.com/roster_players/52193096

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah put me in the Power over Momcilovic group for that forward spot. I just think his overall versatility would be really useful for TB’s offense.

11 Likes

Power has some wiggle. Nice. Hauser could get his shot, but did he have wiggle? I don’t think so. (I would also accept: He could wiggle it, but just a little bit).

Re: the Kaiser athleticism discussion: he sort of reminds me of the way Devon Hall was athletic. Not the fastest, most explosive guy, but big kid, solidly built. Football player? Right?

4 Likes

This is what I see too. He has a great combo of finesse and bully to get where he wants in the paint

2 Likes

I agree. After watching more film i will say he is more athletic than i first believed

2 Likes

This is the same comp I was thinking

2 Likes