ACCT Final: Duke vs UVA thread (8:30pm Saturday)

As far as locations, do most bracketology guys pay attention to that? I figured the committee just des the seeds and lets that computer figure out the matchups. (That’s probably reductive, but I do think they really on the program for that, because the bracketing principles have gotten way too complex). @Raleigh_Hoo would know better than me

1 Like

The very best and only option that matters is the NCAA selection committee, Sunday night at 6:00

Why give af about Lunardi, his terrible toupee, that God awful grill or his shit backets?

1 Like

Feel like we have been passing into actual big men posting up the last couple games. Old school post ups and let JG got to work on guys his size and under

4 Likes

Need the same floor game with better shooting. Same effort with Thursday’s shooting (yesterday was kinda weird on the shooting front) will result in a ‘loss but we don’t feel bad about it’ result

The bracketology guys for the most part don’t. The committee does but I don’t think they spend too much time on it. Supposedly they spend most of their time on the 1-x seed list and breeze through the actual bracketing

3 Likes

Remarkable change in our offense late in the season here. From Torvik, our adjusted offense ratings the last 20 games. That multi-game slide, culminating with the BC loss. Then a remarkable comeback the past few games.

4 Likes

25-6 and battling to hang onto a 4 seed, while 23-10 Tennessee is seemingly locked into a 3 seed. Flawed system

9 Likes

I hope Dunn and Gardner take their battle against anointed lottery picks personal tonight. I don’t think we will be able to post double as much because of the shooters duke has in Proctor and Whitehead

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/actionnetnfl/status/1451618606542884874?s=46&t=cPmWVyXlUd_e1V65Nt08Ow

I’m f***ing fired up. Time to kick some ass today.

6 Likes

Someone let Dunn know it’s my cake day so I need a lottery performance from him tonight. 8 boards, 2 steals, 3 blocks, and 2 threes will do it

9 Likes

Post to post doubles work great. JG and Papi pick their spots really well. Huge key

3 Likes

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

There is no Bracketologist better than the averages there, so don’t waste your time looking at any single bracket.

3 Likes

I watched Duke play last night. The interior length is real. Miami kept it close by making a ton of difficult shots and hitting their open threes.

Will need to hit those outside buckets early. Won’t be as many easy buckets as last night.

Also, plan on a few moving screens called against us to disrupt rhythm.

1 Like

Other than Papi/ Kadin we are 4 inches shorter every position. Have to attack the switches and strong to the basket. Over and over again

4 Likes

Exactly what my eyes saw. During this CTB stretch of dominance, I have never seen a 3.5 game skid like we had from Lville 1 to UNC first half. It came out of nowhere, and I am glad it is gone.

4 Likes

The issue is that Flip may be able to pass over Jayden and get it to their shooters who are bigger and stronger than Clemson and then it is a battle of closing out over Whitehead, Proctor, and Mitchell

1 Like

This Duke team is not the 2019 team. There won’t be any lottery picks. I looked at several mock drafts the last few days. One had no Dukies in r1, one had Lively first at, I think #29. DSPN has Flip first at #17, Lively at #20, Whitehead at #29, and Beeks at #50.

3 Likes

Right there with you man. I am super excited; so proud of this team and the way they’ve responded with BVP’s injury, Kadin jumping back in the fight like he never left; I hope we’re ready to run through a brick wall tonight.
And I freakin hate Duke so much. Them and their fan base constantly making over the last game and call; we’re leaving no doubt tonight. Our guys are making their mark. COUNT IT.

4 Likes

If you go at him and he sees you. You have to be patient and pick spots. JG and Papi get right into their chests. Make the dude retreat and take his forward space.

Nuance to it. Cant be predictable

Edit: play defense offensively even

2 Likes

Plus, doesn’t Tennessee have a major injury?