Blake Buchanan announces for UVA

#KyleGetter

10 Likes

I’m not sure a Tobey comparison is fair to either player. They seemed very different to me. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the fact that I watched Tobey playing college defenders, and what little I’ve seen of Buchanan has been against high schoolers. That said, Buchanan looks much quicker and more fluid with the ball than did Tobey. In fact, from the few clips I’ve seen of him, Buchanan reminds me a bit of Bobby Jones. I don’t know if he has that sort of vertical leap, but there it is. The upside to this comparison is that I don’t know how many people here have ever seen Bobby Jones play so I am unsure if anyone can correct me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coach Get needs a signature commitment tweet.

19 Likes

Maybe way off here but maybe like a Zubac type of guy? Like I don’t think Blake projects to be a star at any one thing but should be a guy who does so much right, especially if surrounded by complimentary pieces

1 Like

#KyleGot’em

7 Likes

Is Buchanan the first UVA basketball player from Idaho?

Now I’m wondering what states we’ve had players from and which we’re still missing. This will be a good rabbit hole to go down…

4 Likes

Ha. Love this. More importantly for me how many from Tennessee. I know of 2

1 Like

I remember 2 Tennesseeans recently. One of them only lasted a game though.

8 Likes

austin-nichols-twitter-pic_37649932_ver1.0

7 Likes

LRA anniversary, big commitment, America’s birthday eve…Great day to be a Guthrie.

19 Likes

Damn forgot about him. Fresh and Big Red Shawn Wilson RIP was mine

3 Likes

Definition of a UVa one hit wonder

2 Likes

Yeah it is. Appreciate you @HoozGotNext

2 Likes

Wasn’t John Dyslin from Tennessee?

1 Like

Oh wow I think you are right

Edit: Knoxville so not my Tennessee hahaha. great pull by you

1 Like

Derrick Byars
(not so recent…lol)

2 Likes

Ridgeway in Memphis. Another great call. Did he transfer?

I know you are speaking of the Men’s Team but Let’s not forget Jenny!

1 Like

Pretty sure Braxton Key was in Nashville before going to OHA his Sr year.

3 Likes

FWIW, looks like 4 of the first people to post on BB’s IG commitment post were the 2022 class/incoming FR. Have a feeling this group will be tight like 2016.

14 Likes