Blake Buchanan announces for UVA

At least we heard this one.

4 Likes

#KyleGetter

10 Likes

Iā€™m not sure a Tobey comparison is fair to either player. They seemed very different to me. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the fact that I watched Tobey playing college defenders, and what little Iā€™ve seen of Buchanan has been against high schoolers. That said, Buchanan looks much quicker and more fluid with the ball than did Tobey. In fact, from the few clips Iā€™ve seen of him, Buchanan reminds me a bit of Bobby Jones. I donā€™t know if he has that sort of vertical leap, but there it is. The upside to this comparison is that I donā€™t know how many people here have ever seen Bobby Jones play so I am unsure if anyone can correct me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coach Get needs a signature commitment tweet.

19 Likes

Maybe way off here but maybe like a Zubac type of guy? Like I donā€™t think Blake projects to be a star at any one thing but should be a guy who does so much right, especially if surrounded by complimentary pieces

1 Like

#KyleGotā€™em

7 Likes

Is Buchanan the first UVA basketball player from Idaho?

Now Iā€™m wondering what states weā€™ve had players from and which weā€™re still missing. This will be a good rabbit hole to go downā€¦

4 Likes

Ha. Love this. More importantly for me how many from Tennessee. I know of 2

1 Like

I remember 2 Tennesseeans recently. One of them only lasted a game though.

8 Likes

austin-nichols-twitter-pic_37649932_ver1.0

7 Likes

LRA anniversary, big commitment, Americaā€™s birthday eveā€¦Great day to be a Guthrie.

19 Likes

Damn forgot about him. Fresh and Big Red Shawn Wilson RIP was mine

3 Likes

Definition of a UVa one hit wonder

2 Likes

Yeah it is. Appreciate you @HoozGotNext

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t John Dyslin from Tennessee?

1 Like

Oh wow I think you are right

Edit: Knoxville so not my Tennessee hahaha. great pull by you

1 Like

Derrick Byars
(not so recentā€¦lol)

2 Likes

Ridgeway in Memphis. Another great call. Did he transfer?

I know you are speaking of the Menā€™s Team but Letā€™s not forget Jenny!

1 Like

Pretty sure Braxton Key was in Nashville before going to OHA his Sr year.

3 Likes