Blake Buchanan announces for UVA

FWIW, looks like 4 of the first people to post on BB’s IG commitment post were the 2022 class/incoming FR. Have a feeling this group will be tight like 2016.

14 Likes

Oh Jenny is my homegirl for sure. My favorite

2 Likes

yes, to Vandy

1 Like

Shit he was. I led yall into the dicussion as to how real Tennessee athletes are

Edit: I obviously didnt. Great learning/ remembering my Tennessee homies

2 Likes

I thought that cheese head was from Wisconsin

1 Like

Memphis born and bred.

1 Like

What a great piece HGN. We are all excited of course. Thanks for the great work as always!

Now let’s round out this class…

10 Likes

Bobby Jones, former teammate of Virginia great Marc Iavaroni.

3 Likes

Thanks Matt. I’m most proud of transferring his highlights from HUDL to youtube so it would embed into the blog. Did it all by myself, no help from Boxley.

Joe did do the pic editing, and the scholarship chart though. Takes him like 30 seconds, it’s wild to me.

10 Likes

I was a big Sixers fan in those days! Tim McCormick was another teammate. He once stopped at a gas station in Moneta, Virginia. Being a Sixers fan and considering his height, I knew he was a player but got him confused with Mark McNamara. However, he was nice and provided me with his autograph.

1 Like

You guys sure got bored talking about Blake quickly.

5 Likes

I hereby will the nickname Bizarro Caffaro into existence immediately.

6 Likes

I like Bizarro Caffaro…for Caffaro.

4 Likes

possible nickname choices:

-B squared
-double B
-Blocknstein (play on Frankenstein)
-B2 Bomber
-Big Potato (as previously mentioned by someone else. Sorry I can’t remember hoo.)
-Thunder Tots!
-Mashed Taters

lol…ok, I’m out

3 Likes

You all are delirious being up so late. Haha!

guilty… lol

1 Like

There is another Blake Buchanan who is a runner… and his nickname is “The Beast”… let us hope that moniker is something that resembles our Blake as well.

3 Likes

I believe he did.

5 Likes

Player comp: Ethan Happ with a jumper. (I doubt he has Happ’s game inside the key, but looks like he has a much better jumper). I know this seems like a lazy comparison, but he sort of moves a bit like Happ.

@UVApride7 beat me to it:

4 Likes

I strongly recommend against the number 8 for him.
Episode 7 Yes GIF by Star Wars

4 Likes