Coach Mox recruiting domination

I wish I could give a thumbs down to this post, not because it’s you, but just because I hate dook that much.

3 Likes

I’m thinking that after you’ve done the player identification and talent and fit evaluation, recruiting is about effort and I’d say that effort wasn’t a known TT strength.

There’s some NIL money in WBB, but my impression is that they’re much more player specific than team or school specific. Maybe UConn and South Carolina are exceptions.

1 Like

100%. TB takes over these recruitments

3 Likes

I don’t care what it is but i like :grinning:,she seems to have her sights on her targeted player and gets them. I’m excited about womens basketball :basketball:

7 Likes

I genuinely have no idea. Never spoken directly to coach Mox and all my info comes via my younger daughter who is interested in sports journalism and goes to school with Mo (they aren’t particularly close but she’s apparently been quiet about this even with good friends). She’s tried a couple times to get interviews with Coach Mox (and Mo, for that matter, to ask about Coach Mox and other things) but it hasn’t worked out so far.

Worth remembering that while in the last decade or so the Men’s team has been fantastic and the women’s team a serious disappointment, but in terms of overall history the women’s team is arguably closer to blue-blood status than the men’s team. The women’s team has had 7 losing seasons in its history and 4 of those 7 came under Coach Thompson.

15 Likes

That says a lot!!

1 Like

Yikes

9 Likes

Less than an hour. Anyone know if there’s a stream?

1 Like

No idea - but would check STAB hoops or her instagram

2 Likes

Absolutely. And don’t forget that the alumni of our program include perhaps the two best women’s college basketball coaches in the country: Geno and Dawn.

4 Likes

Do we know where to watch yet?

No live stream apparently but Jacquie from 247 is there. Sam Brunelle there too.

Hopefully there is a recording.

12 Likes

Shes a Hoo baby!

21 Likes

She went live on IG!

14 Likes
20 Likes

35 Likes

Hey, we were there too!

We knew it was a good sign when we saw Sam Brunelle there to watch.

19 Likes
14 Likes

I am officially super pumped for the Mox era of UVA WBB. This is gonna be fun.

(I was actually already super pumped before now, but now it’s official.)

27 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!

8 Likes