Coach Mox recruiting domination

I want to beat them by 60 every season.

1 Like

I think we should play them out of respect they did beat us and handled it with utmost class. We should return the favor and give them some TV exposure. They will never be a recruiting threat. It would also good exposure for our program.

We gave them history. That’s more than enough.

We’re a recent National Champion in the ACC. No one outside of Auburn or tech thinks that poorly of UVA. Our exposure is just fine. No need to say to the world, “Hey, remember that time we got kicked in the nuts in one of the biggest sporting events there is? Think better of us for reminding you if you’d forgotten.”

7 Likes

Gertrude in.

Your move, Mox.

10 Likes

We are also not national champion without that loss. Sometimes we need tough situations to come out on the other side. Tell the whole story not just the good part. It’s what really make our championship great. Play them and continue to tell the whole story.

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to remember that game, and what happens if we come out sluggish like we did during our Championship first round game ( I forget against who). Bottom line we are not the kind of program that can continue to suffer those sort of blows and maintain our sanity. We are trying to climb the *New Blood staircase, and there really is no upside to playing them.

3 Likes

This is the Coach Mox thread and you guys are arguing about a Mens game from four years ago. I’m sure you could start a UMBC thread and get plenty of comments.

EDIT: rather than replying, I’ll just say that there are other message boards that would be thrilled to have these tangents and would countenance them just fine. And Kihei and Reece!! are both playing 35 mins per game.

19 Likes

Yeah, threads never take side tangents on any sports board ever. The thread for a guy that just committed was full of posts talking about the joys of wood stove cooking just a few hours ago.

Relax or scroll for a whole three seconds.

EDIT: @Fitz-Hoo the current VIP intel report is full of posts about Hardees. A VIP thread! If a pleb thread going off topic like this bothers you that much I’m sure people taking the holy ground of a VIP thread off topic must really bother you. Oddly though, it’s been off topic for hours now and I don’t see any posts from you admonishing them or inviting them to leave like you did me. No posts from any of the 15 or so VIPs that liked your post asking me to leave about staying on topic there either. Odd.

4 Likes

Bull. Shit. Just cause Tony sells that, don’t make it true.

5 Likes

It’s true because Hunter doesn’t return if he didn’t get hurt… and we don’t lose round 1 with a healthy Hunter …
And we don’t win in 2019 without him

1 Like
  1. That’s assuming a lot.
  2. Even if all that is accurate…we wouldn’t have won without Hunter. Not much of a stretch. But he stayed because he got hurt. Not because we lost to UMBC.

So, again, crediting that win to that loss might sound good. It might warm the heart of sentimental old Hoos, but it aint true. And if it were true what would that say about Tony’s coaching? Or those players? That they couldn’t get motivated or focused enough to win without that loss. Bullshit. Someone wins every year. We’re the only team in the history of the NCAA tournament that “needed” a historic loss to do so.

2 Likes

Without that loss, mentally as a unit I don’t think they would’ve been strong enough to overcome the first game against Gardner Webb game.

2 things one, this is the Coach Mox thread not the rehash men’s basketball

Two. UMBC loss led to the National Championship the same way that all historical events build to the present. Is it the driving force behind the nati? Doubtful. A million things had to come together between that loss and the start of the nxt season more or less March

2 Likes

LOL. Don’t take a thread off topic but my input is important enough to add and keep it off topic.

6 Likes

Exactly do as i say not as i do.

I’m not here to be an example just to be right

8 Likes

TT’s next chapter

5 Likes

If she hated recruiting, she’s gonna love scouting.

10 Likes

Yeah…. Not sure I get that hire. Talent identification and acquisition was not exactly her strong suit. Not that she really had a strong suit.

8 Likes

It’s a favor to Damian Lillard.

6 Likes

She’s in charge of scouting duke games.

6 Likes