Coach Mox recruiting domination

and fashion at Duke. It’s a zero-sum game.

1 Like

Her strong suit is playing basketball. After her performance here I would not hire her for anything else.

6 Likes

The hundreds of millions to a guy on the backside of his career wasn’t enough of a favor?

1 Like

A player making $225m over the next 5 years holds some sway in the organization

4 Likes

I hope Coach Mox is out there trying to recruit some height. Looking at the current roster, there isn’t anyone over 6’2".

1 Like

What size is a typical Center or PF in women’s hoops, at the ACC level?

6’3-6’5 ish. GT put out a big lineup last year with a bunch of 6-footers.

But I’m not sure size necessary fits Coach Mox style, she wants the team to move and run. Sam already talked about getting the greenlight to push the pace after grabbing a board. Not saying that size wouldn’t be appreciated, but also a harder find.

7 Likes

I did a quick search of some of the better ACC teams (Duke, NcState, VT) and they max out at 6’6" with a few 6’5" players. So it’s not like other teams have a ton of taller players, but UVA doesn’t have any.

1 Like

Retread from a post I made a while back… we used to have the tallest woman in the NCAA on our team… I’m not sure anyone else has ever eclipsed her…

7 Likes

Related, but not really … when I was working at Mincer’s between my 3rd and 4th year, I had to walk through the Med school to get to work. One day I saw George Mureșan walking down the street. He must have been receiving medical care there or something. But seeing a 7’7" dude randomly on the street is surreal.

11 Likes

If we ever do a LRA meeting up someone be sure to ask me about George Muresan learning to closeout on defense at Washington Wizards practice. All I can thinking of anything I hear his name.

6 Likes

We need the Dragon live demonstration 4 beers deep

3 Likes

Lol bro… you know I’d be all in boxing out tables at that point to tell the story.

1 Like

I would sign up for a year of flosports to see this if I had to

3 Likes

Make it 6 beers and I’ll do a weekly show.

4 Likes

6 double IPAs, before starting, and we have a deal.

2 Likes

Animated GIF

This reminds me of when I was in high school, we were playing Serge Zwikker’s (UNC) team in a tournament. All the teams were staying in the same hotel. The morning of the game between our schools, I passed by him in the hotel lobby wearing my high school gear. Serge is 7’3”. I’m 6’4”. As he passed by me, he looked down at me (was weird having someone tower over me). He then said in a deep voice, “We are going to crush you tonight, little man.” First and only time so far I have been called a “little man.” :joy: He was right though. His team, Harker Prep, along with his teammate Exree Hipp (Maryland) beat us pretty good that night. When you are that tall, everyone else is little.

12 Likes

UVA was one of the top places in the world for acromegaly (which Muresan had). Don’t know if they still are or not. The surgeon who pioneered the surgery left for Stanford I think.

3 Likes

Elena and I started at UVA the same year. I didn’t know her personally, but you definitely couldn’t miss her (or Chase for that matter).

1 Like