Fall Recruiting Action

I foresee a ton of bench time for him
Just an opinion

1 Like

Nahh…that’s a pretty solid prediction….

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but Mike Young would have done right by that kid. UNC is a bright shiny object and kids are kids. At UNC, best case scenario is Kenny Williams, IMO. At VPI, he could have been a bigger star.

3 Likes

Someone on the sabre found this. Just one of many past examples of the dynamic between Jeff Sheppard and Calipari. Of course he could still easily end up at Kentucky.

6 Likes

Yikes, though, his comfort and special bond with Rick Pitino did not age well.

2 Likes

Oh what happened between Sheppard and Pitino afterwards?

I was referencing Jeff Sheppard’s quote in the 2013 article that he was more comfortable walking into Rick Pitino’s office than Calipari’s and had a special bond with Pitino as his former coach at Kentucky. I’m assuming that Sheppard would not use his close relationship with Pitino as a talking point in a public speech today given everything that’s happened since 2013.

2 Likes

He’s still very close with Pitino from what Ive seen.

1 Like

Okay got it- yes the downfall of Pitino.

of course he is. It was his coach

5 Likes

I don’t doubt it. But if he wants to throw shade at Calipari today, probably best to avoid comparing him with his former college coach. Better course would be to encourage his son to play for UVA, then compare Calipari with his son’s college coach.

1 Like

Yeah, you gotta figure that if Jeff Sheppard still respects Pitino and looks to him for advice, then that’s a good thing for us. Slick Rick loves Tony.

10 Likes

Interesting how all the Kentucky fans in that article were blasting Sheppard and crowing about how they could recruit one-and-dones AND win championships. They haven’t won a championship since that article was published.

5 Likes

Are we 100% out on Bobi now? Even if he blows up this fall?

Yes. He wouldn’t buy into the playing time available if he blew up blew up anyways. Tony fell in love with Dunn and had that gut feelin.

If we add anyone for next season it’s gonna be a transfer addition. We can probably get a top 5-10 transfer if we wanted.

1 Like

Hopefully a shot blocking and rebounding big, who’s athletic

2 Likes

I feel like Tony really rushed this class too much. Now we won’t get another commitment for a long time.

9 Likes

Probably going to see that in the form of a 6’7/6’8 athletic forward. 5 out offense.

1 Like

I think we could surprised. We will be all-In on ‘23 now.

5 Likes

If CTB gets Sheppard to commit before the season starts, this will probably be CTB’s best calendar year for recruiting ever, possibly by a good margin.

On the downside, the next couple years could be really quiet. A big man next offseason and MAYBE a pg.

3 Likes