Fall Recruiting Action

Wow looking at those photos were there even 50 people at JPJ? LOL. Thank god for the on the court product to entice players like London Johnson and Jarin Stevenson.

The only time I went in person was in 2016, the debut of Ty, Kyle, Dre, Jay, Austin, and Mamadi (I guess Austin and Mamadi could’ve played the year prior). The crowd seemed more sparse yesterday than from what I remember. Could be related to the anticipation from that class and also some pandemic caution.

Rick Lewis giving Mike Curtis a shoutout. Hopefully he is whispering this in the ear of every North Carolina/South Carolina/Atlanta recruit that comes our way.

Lots of good responses from local coaches on that tweet but I like this one

6 Likes

Im assuming London Johnson didn’t post his cause the commitment is coming soon…right?

10 Likes

Did Jayden hit that jumper? :eyes:

No. But he can

They’ve gotten better at the photoshoots. Now if they could just have some number choices.

6 Likes

We clearly don’t have the budget for multiple jerseys for visiting recruits. We blew it all on setting up a functioning microphone for the blue-white scrimmage and keeping the lights on during the whole event.

3 Likes

These kids are having the time of their young lives but I think these foto “shoots” are hilarious as an old guy of course.

When I visited Nebraska on an official they had my uniform up in the locker in their locker room. Replete with size 11 Nikes. I looked at it very impressed and moved on. Damn I shoulda taken that shit!

Edit: the assistant coach recruiting me gave me his Kool Moe D tape when he realised I could rap Wild Wild West start to finish

13 Likes

I’m calling the NCAA compliance office immediately

2 Likes

Right. What is that Kool Moe D tape worth today?

Bird in the hand is worth 2 LL Cool J tapes in the bush!

6 Likes

Its funny cause I was dumb enough not to understand I could take all that shit

6 Likes

When do we get video of you rapping Wild Wild West?

4 Likes

I’ve always liked Charlie Parker myself! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“How is UNC going to use you?”

“The player comparisons they have given me is a player who the UNC fans don’t even want to see the court and a 5 star big out of HS who won’t play in the NBA”. What a pitch.

9 Likes

Hmmm… How is UVA going to use you? …. Wait for it… Wait for it… like DeAndre Hunter except we want to get you on the block some… and there it is…:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hey may still end up at UNC…. But wow, Leaky Black, buzz kill for GG I imagine.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hope Wagner and that other kid commit to Kentucky ASAP.

3 Likes