Healing and Recovering and Celebrating

Wanted to create a new topic for this going forward. Amazing Mike is already out of the hospital and recovering. Remembering Marlee as well and of course 1,15, and 41 All I see are their smiles

33 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

That’s great news! Im sure that will help the team out just getting to see him

4 Likes

Tech game canceled. Honestly surprised, I was hearing/seeing that the team wanted to play.

*I had no inside info, just talking about other boards

** edit: now seeing that the “team wanted to play” narrative might have been incorrect

3 Likes

I’m going to cross post this here instead.

8 Likes

Thats wild Dudes must have gone crazy

Also they were saying he is graduating in December. Assume that is all but wrapped up at this point

3 Likes

If I were Tony Elliott or Carla Williams, I’d petition the NCAA to grant an extra year of eligibility for every player on this season’s roster that can only be used at Virginia.

Given the tragedy, I have no idea how it’ll impact high school and transfer recruiting and outgoing player retention, but I imagine it won’t be a positive factor. Maybe some guys stick around that otherwise wouldn’t because they want to play for their fallen teammates, but I’d think that more would be inclined to leave the horror behind. Plus, even before all this, recruiting wasn’t going all that well.

I’m not sure what Tony Elliott’s plan for rebuilding the program from here is, but an extra year may be enough incentive for some guys on the fence to stick around. I’m advocating this mainly to see a 26 year old Darrius Bratton still playing college football for his 7th season (8 years out of HS including a prep year).

8 Likes
17 Likes

Found an article related to the above:

8 Likes

Looks like they did have the same thought I did.

5 Likes

Wow…

15 Likes

This was so good. Man does Mike have some special composure and gift to speak

7 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve ever wished for a Virginia athlete to have as many tools at his disposal as possible to effectively succeed in life as I do for Mike Hollins right now. Really impressive actions and interview by the young man.

13 Likes

I’m hearing Cam Butler and Chico Bennett are returning.

12 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes