Hoos Going Pro 2021-22 NBA Season

Keels shoulda spent his formative years at The University of Virginia. Going to Duke for 1 year and nothing really to show for it outside of the early game vs Kentucky in MSG

Obviously similar dudes will never see it in the future but…

DidDukewin.com

6 Likes

I think the Ringer’s draft guy compared him to Lu Dort, which seems to be a little more in the right ballpark, though I think Dort tested better athletically coming out of college, and was more of a primary ballhandler in college. And even with that said, Dort’s calling card is defense in the NBA, can Keels turn himself into that kind of guy?

5 Likes

41 year old Richard Jefferson > Keels today. (By a lot).

22K likes, 294 comments - Richard Jefferson (@richardajefferson) on Instagram: "I might feel this tomorrow… shout-out @andrewckey @sohoyoga and @natashasnow 😂😂😂"

2 Likes

I jumped way higher than that and @DFresh11 had an 85 inch vertical…… oh my bad. I meant 18.5 inches. But he could shoot!!!

Keels stopped going to class and had to turn pro. Bad cultural fit for him. He will bounce around Europe for a few years is my guess.

2 Likes

Keels is panning out about how I thought he would after watching him the second half of the season at Duke. I can see him sticking around the league as an off the bench guy who can get some buckets maybe. But his athleticism is flat out poor

3 Likes

Man my vertical was beyond embarassig.

2 Likes

My vertical was and is horizontal

4 Likes

Credit card hops … me after 5 knee injuries … play tennis now.

Besides Keels, Patrick Baldwin Jr. is having some BAD strength and agility measurements. Is that dude even trying?

5 Likes

“Baldwin Jr. recorded a 23.5-inch standing vert and 26.5-inch max vert. The 26.5-inch mark is the fourth-lowest number at the Combine since 2011, ahead of only Dakari Johnson, Dedric Lawson and Nikola Vucevic. While he shows incredible potential as a shooter at the NBA level, these numbers will likely be taken into heavy consideration around the league.”

5 Likes

How weird would it look if I put my vertical and wingspan on my resume?

6 Likes

Yes please. Actually unreal gimmick idea there. Imma run with this one Maine and footnote you every time

7 Likes

I had a 100” standing long jump in HS (2nd best on the football team after Tony Espinoza, our main RB), and if you guessed I brought that up a lot over the years, you’d be right.

7 Likes

If Pat Baldwin gets drafted anywhere inside the top 40, it’s laughable. Stonks only go up type mentality for any GM that takes him.

2 Likes

I would absolutely take PBJ in the 20s. Higher upside than most other prospects

1 Like

I guess I only watched him with Team USA and he looked slow, passive and disinterested. His year in the Horizon league was abysmal - and then they clearly sat him as to not expose him further.

I don’t know - too many built in excuses for me to give the guy a couple mil and a roster spot when he hasn’t proved anything other than he’s tall and can hit a three in practice.

Edit: but i get that’s how the NBA operates

1 Like

I don’t disagree with the assessment but when you’re in that part of the draft it’s a lot of guys with flaws

3 Likes

He’s like Kyle Anderson. Always wondered how his slow ass lasted so long in the league. Dude moves like a sloth but man is he skilled.

Edit: lol just went to youtube to find a video and there is literally a video titled this. Basketball nerds coming in the clutch

2 Likes

Hold up he had a 25in vert? Dayumn that is silly bad. I wouldn’t let one of my athletes even attempt if they were that bad.

2 Likes

If I had a pick from 20-40 and had no immediate needs, I’d absolutely draft Baldwin. Get a formerly highly rated recruit that underperformed in college into your ecosystem and see if you can unlock the potential.

Few players more valuable in the NBA than all star level players in rookie scale contracts.

2 Likes