Hoos Going Pro 2022-23 NBA Season

So what’s keeping Huff out of the league at this point? Seems like he could fill the role of rim protector/rebounder/outside shot threat that most NBA teams have one one or two of on their full-time roster. Too slow laterally? Still not strong enough?

1 Like

Probably a combo of the two

1 Like

Really just a real opportunity…
Luke Kornet is getting minutes for the best team
In the league right now… he ain’t better than Huff

4 Likes

Exactly. Cybrogs and Howtizer need to pull some strings to get Huff, another stretch 5 on their team. Especially because Robert Williams is still hurt.

3 Likes
11 Likes

For those who like entertaining announcers … this play by play guy is one of my favorites and the Bulls analyst is as well. See Hoo knows hoo it is.

Mama D- Mama Do!

3 Likes

Mark Jones? Sounds like him if not…

1 Like

Ding ding

1 Like

Mark Jones is great…Hotter than fish grease!

2 Likes

Celtic fans praising Hauser’s D. We certainly know who they should be thanking for this part of his game!

7 Likes

I think Hauser made strides in his defense here. But the improvements he made to become more playable on the defensive end at the NBA level I dont think were made here.

The will to eventually become that defender is where I think we take credit.
Hauser still struggled here till the very end, getting schooled by BVP in his last UVA game. And he was struggling with defense last year in the NBA and G League.

3 Likes

LOL, I prefer my version of events. :slight_smile:

8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/11/29/sam-hauser-boston-celtics-nba-biggest-surprise

11 Likes

Great article. Awesome to see what Sam is doing in the NBA and cool that it is getting noticed.

7 Likes

Also great to see lots of UVa action in that article. Nice publicity for the program! Future transfer targets, take notice!

10 Likes

BVP going to get the same shot. He’s a tough rebounder, interior scorer *but if he can continue to shoot well from 3 then Tony will be able to make some phone calls for him too. :wink:

7 Likes
11 Likes