Hoos in the NBA Playoffs - Live Game Thread

Is the difference between Tyler Herro and Kyle Guy two inches?

3 Likes

4-5 inches in height

2 Likes

Raise your hand if you had Devon Hall as the last Hoo standing in the bubble?

5 Likes

Yes, @BDragon and @brogdonfanpage, sorry to see the Pacers and Brogdan bowed out of the NBA playoffs. Still, weā€™ll probably see him every game we watch when the NBA airs the PSA ā€œThe Truth is #Black Lives Matter.ā€

4 Likes
2 Likes

First of many, likely. Iā€™ve seen players, such as Jaylen Brown of the Celtics, say that they want to go out an participate in the protests. This is bigger than basketball

1 Like
2 Likes

Some of the old folkes on the sabre making light of it. Probably not accustomed to people drinking at the same water fountain and the sight of it signifiying the changing of times probably sends a shiver into every bone in their body

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1298722832122142722?s=21

2 Likes

Dev just shown on NBA Tv walking off the court with other thunder players from around 4:15

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I donā€™t see basketball returning anytime soon and thatā€™s going to be powerful in every way possible

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeah playoffs are 100% over and I support this. Ball moving should never take precedence over human life and human rights.

3 Likes

Wow. Just wow. Iā€™m support of this 100%

2 things wrong with this tweet

1. boycotted an not postponed!
  2. the players did, not the league
    https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1298728250240311302?s=21
1 Like

Scouted this from the Villanova forum and though I would share here

From Metal Faces: ā€œBeen following some of the aftermath and I donā€™t know what the gun laws are in Wisconsin but it appears this is the wrong State to violently protest in. A business owner protecting his gas station from violent protesters shot and killed 2 protestors, and shot another 1 in the arm. The 1 that was shot in the arm was also brandishing a (smaller) gun. No arrests. I hope that some of the younger kids blindly following the crowds and participating in these protests realize what they are getting themselves into.ā€

This is an example of paying attention to the details before posting and having some truth in your argument. The 17-year-old shooter who killed two people and injured another was a kid from Illinois who was ā€œblindly following the crowdsā€ of militias, Proud Boys and Q types. From his Facebook page and other evidence it was clear he was caught up in the hysteria around the false narrative that if you think Blue Lives Matter you canā€™t also think Black Lives Matter. He WAS NOT a business owner protecting his property. There is no proof that anyone shot had a gun. Even the police admitted that today in the filing for this young kid. He was part of a group of kids that were whipped into a hysteria to believe that it was their job to stop protesters and that their suburban lives are in danger. There is video of his friends saying that they were told by cops that the protesters would be directed their way so they can take care of them, and another video of cops throwing them water bottles and thanking them for being there. Armed militia coming in from 20 miles away to take it upon themselves to start enforcing destruction of property (which is not okay, and I am against) with the death penalty at the discretion of 17-year-olds whipped into a frenzy of fear is the epitome of ā€œrealiz(ing) what they are getting into.ā€

Heā€™ll now go to jail for life because of adults who convinced him he should take his rifle to a town a half hour drive, and another State, away and take it upon himself to kill protesters. This is truly a tragedy for this young man as well who isnā€™t old enough or mature enough to understand that some of the adults who are egging him on are doing it for political purposes to scare people into voting for them - now heā€™ll die in jail, and two people he told were his enemy are dead (in other times the people he shot and killed may have been kids he was going to college with).

Letā€™s be clear, I have no tolerance for destructive actions in the name of justice. I am a believer in the Ghandi / King form of protest - I completely support peaceful protest. I think that is by far the most effective way to change minds. I also do not condone adults who should know better trying to fear people into taking up arms against fellow citizens taking advantage of their legal right to protest. My two kids (students at Fordham and Villanova who actually believe in the social justice education they are being taught at those schools) have been involved in peaceful protests that turned dangerous because of aggressive alt-right agitators. I donā€™t want to see them shot because they are participating in their American right to protest.

6 Likes

Thank you @Hooandtrue for the thoughtful comments they seriously got to me. This is something that is very near and dear to me. I went as far as challenging my bosses and my organization risking my employment because of their lack of action.
Iā€™ve been inspired by the NBA players throughout this time. When I read LeBrons logic for not wearing one of the league approves decals. It help me realize I did not have to bend amd donate to the cause my organization wanted me to and I had a choice.
Many things are bigger than sports. But aporta can provide a platform to enact great influence and itā€™s great to see these young men and women (the WNBA has been on point) using their opportunity to make changes

5 Likes