In-season Basketball Recruiting 2022-2023

The family was and is closer to Pitino than Cal. His departure would mean almost next-to-nothing compared to his love of UK. And it’s not like they wouldn’t make a HR hire.

Either way, Cal ain’t leaving, and Sheppard is gonna play a lot.

5 Likes

Gotcha. I get what you’re saying, I disagree though. Someone will absolutely want those big minutes on a dominant team under the great TB. Then go pro like Trey, Sam, etc. Armaan starting to look like the next UVA transfer that Tony molds into an NBA player, which is crazy considering last season.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s a good point.

I even thought to myself once I hit send “Would Calipari leaving Kentucky help us there or actually make the Sheppards happier to be going to Kentucky?”.

Of course we are also going to get Gabe Cupps as an Indiana decommit and the opportunity to link up with his homeboy at UVA will be too hard to pass.

4 Likes

Oh absolutely. I agree with you in the sentiment. I just think from a kid’s perspective they view that promise (that I think is legitimate since we have examples to point to) as just words where as Miami’s cash filled louis vuitton bag is real. Even if the bag itself is a knock off from wish.con

Where is reece transferring?

1 Like

Iowa State. Rumor has it he wants to be with a coach who can out recruit UVA.

6 Likes

Man it’s too bad tony doesn’t play freshmen and redshirts dudes. We could be Iowa state.

2 Likes

Water finds its own level. In that case I am sure that some talented player will fill that slot.

5 Likes

I think the tide is turning. CTB is starting to get who he wants, has found a sweet spot, and transfer will start to see UVA a little differently! Hauser and Murphy have helped immensely. However, I doubt we will ever take more an 2-3 from the portal in a given year.

1 Like

The redshirt narrative in time, may become a selling point for some who seek development.

5 Likes

This player was brought up on the other site by Tu.

Discuss.

2 Likes

Wow, that sounded pretty great all around. What kind of a prospect is Lewis?

1 Like

Derin S looks like a taller me in HS but my handle and passing was better. He shoots it better / smoother than I did at his age

Maybe kinda like Ty Davis but not as good yet?

4 Likes

Yeah has that Ty Jerome wonkiness but it works feel but looks further behind. Originally from Turkey and looks like the kid ran some with LaMelo Ball’s 1 of 1 basketball program during the summer/early fall.

He screams “1st team all conference at Wofford or Davidson 3-4 years from now” lol.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Im already more sure of what our 2025 class is going to be than our 2024 class.

Big 2024 class of whoever followed by a 2 man Austin Williford/Jacob Wilkins 2025 class. I don’t care at all about the family connections: just watching clips and videos of them show them as the quintessential modern versatile guard and forward.

The fact that they are family connections and lifelong UVA fans just helps in terms of maybe landing them down the line.

9 Likes

What exactly is Jacob Wilkins’ relationship to Isaiah-- half brother?

2 Likes

Brother. Same mom.

1 Like

But genetically Dominique Wilkins son?

1 Like