In-season Basketball Recruiting 2022-2023

Yeah. Wilkins has zero Dominique genes him him but was still that athletic enforcer in the front court.

1 Like

20 minute Isaiah Abraham video on youtube. Was able to clutch it and skip right to where the recruiting discussion was lol.

Gonna visit Marquette and UVA after his bball season is over for sure (subject to change cause he wants to do it after the season but cmon you’re not turning down a packed JPJ). Also planning to visit K State UConn and Georgetown.

Spoke hesitantly about his plans regarding Villanova. Was super noticeable. Only talks about an unofficial for now there.

Georgetown is the early wildcard depending on who they hire next spring.

3 Likes

Dunn + Bond + Traudt + Buchanan + Abraham would have us stacked at the 3-5 spot

6 Likes

We might even be ranked 4 now with that squad haha

3 Likes

Gotta help us out with the link:

1 Like

Lol it’s 20 minutes of fluff from a UVA fan focused on recruiting perspective. A nice look into who he is as a person I guess

1 Like

Any interest?

1 Like

None. I really don’t think they’ll be scrounging around for another 23 recruit with Traudt and Bond redshirting.

6 Likes

This does not line up with my “Trey Green flips to UVA” pipe dream.

7 Likes

It sucks because with the portal you won’t know what’s available, even with back room tampering which all schools engage in, until the spring and pg is such an important spot.

How do we get Kihei Year 6

8 Likes

Not sure I get this picture. I mean…he’s not going to make it.

8 Likes

I sincerely hope the guy in the back is facing the basket.

6 Likes

Yea, me too,lol

Watching the Creighton Arkansas game, that Damarian Yates kid on our radar plays a lot like Arthur Kaluma on Creighton.

Hybrid of that Akil Mitchell glue guy forward and that skilled DeAndre Hunter Big guard. Somewhere in between there.

2 Likes

You been keeping up with his stats this year? He’s hitting them up like a young KG in the early season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/damarienyates

only 8 attempts on the season from 3. 3/8. But the 15 rebounds a game including 6 offensive rebounds a game. Huge motor.

2 Likes

Saw Williford like a tweet about Kayvaun Mulready. Think @HoozGotNext said their interest in that 2024 pg was actually how they discovered both TJ Power (HS teammates) and Elijah Gertrude (AAU teammates. Kayvaun played up on that 17U City Rocks team). Could be misremembering that though.

He’s like a Reece/Kihei Hybrid. Probably better than Daniel Freitag at the moment. Figure he and Ty Davis were higher up on the 2024 pg totem pole. Figure they are still in the rotation with Perry and Freitag.

1 Like

Pg1: Ty Davis (or most likely Travis Perry)
Pg2: Kayvaun Mulready
Sg/sf: Isaiah Abraham (or Kon Knueppel)
F: Damarian Yates or Isaiah Otyaluk or Jamie Vinson from Oak Hill (this is where Jarin Stevenson goes)
C: Thomas Sorber

Whew. Took a lot out of me to type that. I realized, now that we are good again, how little I actually care about recruiting and how I only started following to fill the void/get my UVA bball hit during the offseason. And How I only really got into recruiting cause of COVID and the “down” years.

Now the names that pop up in the meantime are just empty words that occupy the mind until June when the out of nowhere names that will actually be in our recruiting class pop up.

7 Likes

So… did we ever get any additional info on Elijah Gertrude’s injury? I know it’s probably largely private, but like… was it a major injury? Just something he has to rest a little bit? Just trying to get an idea of magnitude.