In-season Basketball Recruiting 2022-2023

Thomas Sorber

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse/recruiting/syracuse-basketball-offers-2024-big-thomas-sorber

Clips-

OK. I see it. Reminds me of Joel.

2 Likes

Indeed Fresh :100::basketball:

1 Like
5 Likes

I thought we all agreed to not post Stevenson stuff until he disavows Carolina lol

6 Likes

@HoozGotNext Is there any type of perceived timeline on him?

Timeline = whenever he feels like committing to UNC?

2 Likes

Not really. Most juniors arenā€™t going to think about it until they get thru the live periods in April. But there are always some that just know where theyā€™re going and donā€™t wanna mess around. It wouldnā€™t be a shock if Stevenson went ahead and committed to UVA or UNC but itā€™ll probably be spring to early summer.

10 Likes

Oh shit heā€™s more mobile now.

10 Likes

Yes, yes, @Hooandtrue. You may try and fight it, but Kon is inevitable.

Star Trek Borg GIF

7 Likes

But now with this wiggle and move, heā€™s going to be a bonafide 5 star so we wonā€™t get him anyways.

Lol but Kon Knueppel and Jarin Stevenson would be a hell of a way to start the class.

9 Likes

He looks like BVP

2 Likes

He shoots like Sam Hauser ā€¦ and I donā€™t say that lightly.
Sam is the all time NCAA 3 pt % leader at the farther distance.
Off course CTB is the leader at the shorter distance.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just starting to follow along with the ā€˜24 kids. How legit of a shot does UVa have with Knueppel?

And I saw HGN mention UVa is in good shape with Stevenson. After the Power saga, I told myself I wouldnā€™t get invested in a kid coming to UVa until it happened. Welp, I guess the start of a new recruiting class cycle kicked that out the door. Iā€™m invested again.

6 Likes

Well heā€™s from the upper Midwest and Wiscy is super interested in him, so likeā€¦ 95% heā€™s a Hoo?

In all seriousness, I have no idea, others can probably offer a real answer.

8 Likes

I think we have as good a shot as any. Wisconsin, Ohio State, Marquette, and Iowa State pushing hard as local geographical schools. And Blue Blood schools are aware of him.

His mom is the. all time leading scorer for Wisconsin Green Bay on the womenā€™s side I believe.

7 Likes

Thanks. Hopefully there are ties that help. Kid looks like a more mobile Hauser to me. And you can never have enough shooting in the college game with the 3 ball so prevalent.

2 Likes

I mean he *is good but I still think we need more interior guys. Here are my priorities:

1. A Stud PG who can shoot.
  2. A Jack Salt like space eater who can rebound and play D
  3. a Mamadi/Akil Mitchell/Braxon Key like PF who is lanky, block some shots and rebound.
  4. a wing player who can score from 3, play D and rebound.
  5. Another back court shooter. which is where Kon Knueppel sits on my listā€¦BUT if he grows to 6ā€™8 like Sam Hauser or BVP then he moves up my list to 4.

Although to be honest I *hope that Gertrude can play PG, and Buchanan can play that Mamadi role next year, meaning we would just need to fill in around those guys.

Edit: Honestly it looks like the way that TB is structuring the team is so different even from the National Championship team that itā€™s tough to know what I want. The fact is that we all KNOW what type of guys made us championship caliber (Jack Salt, Mamadi in the post), but we also like the shooting of guys that can stretch the floor at the 4 spot like Hauser and BVP. HOWEVER we havenā€™t won a championship with those type of shooters yet (Non-defenders) yetā€¦ I know people are going to say Dreā€™, but he *mostly played at the 3 for most of the season, and we still had guys like Mamadi and Braxton who were *not outside shooters that helped us win the championship.

4 Likes

I thought the model was two pgs, a huge physical foreign guy and wings for the rest of the spots.

Kon is number #2 on my wish list behind a PG - that position is the most glaring need ever for the 2024 class. Can you imagine a shooter / shot maker like Kon alongside athletes like Gertrude, Leon and Dunn, with mobile bigs Traudt and Buchanan? Add a PG like Freitag and Perry and there is huge potential.

11 Likes

Jaxon Prunty came to Lexington. Lexington has Team United 2024 teammate 4-star Cam Scott.

3 Likes

Have you watched him at all and do you know if he is trending upward or still around mid major level player? (although ā€œmid-majorā€ means entirely something different today).