šŸ› Introduction for new member (Hav's Playground)

Yes. and southern hemisphere to the north.

2 Likes

Tennessee country is different. But so is south east TW va country from anytbing west of Waynesboro. You get over to the NRV or Bristol area thatā€™s a different world

1 Like

Yea man. me and you need to do that tour. Fayetteville Tennessee gwon love BDragon

@BDragon and @DFresh11- All of this Nova hateā€¦:rofl:. ā€œYou hate us cus you ainā€™t usā€ :wink:

4 Likes

You know summer bodies are made in the winter, right @BDragon? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Nah not cutting for the body Iā€™m all about the summer bulk. Also planning to conpete in the fall so the cut starts now

1 Like

I lived in DC/Alexandria for 12ish yrs. Iā€™m fully aware what yā€™all are about.

3 Likes

RVA born and bred - donā€™t lump me in with those yahoos up north. Down in Raleigh now living among those who shall not be named. Sure was fun when old Roy was around though

3 Likes

You havenā€™t had my wifeā€™s grits, especially her version of shrimp & grits. If you had, you would definitely rescind your statement.

(although she gets hers from Adluh Mills in Columbia, SC :smile:)

2 Likes

Ingredients are always the key and taking your word for it hometeam!

Time wasting discussionā€¦ but what is everyoneā€™s opinion on how to abbreviate University of Virginia? Iā€™ve always been partial to UVaā€¦ but some of the comment folks are super against itā€¦ didnā€™t know this could be such a visceral debateā€¦

Edit: interesting that the schoolā€™s actual branding guide has it as UVAā€¦

3 Likes

UVa for me
UVA fine and easier to type
uva for the kids
Anything with periods or dashes is unnecessary

6 Likes

UVa always for me

3 Likes

I like UVA or UVa

3 Likes

Itā€™s not like the cheerleaders form a lowercase ā€œAā€ when they lead the UVA cheer. :wink:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve already used UVA but when I started writing more I switched to UVa as more of a personal branding exercise and an acknowledgement for the Commonwealth. That said Iā€™m good with anything as long as it does not have dashes.

3 Likes

I try to use ā€œUVaā€ but in many instances it is autocorrected to ā€œUVAā€

3 Likes

When did UVA become the official brand? Gotta be fairly recent right? I used to make a point of using UVa because there were always a few folks that quibbled with you if you didnā€™t. Eventually laziness kicked in, been a UVA guy for a while now.

4 Likes

Iā€™m def a UVa guy myself. I just think it looks better. Their rationale for all caps makes sense, but I ainā€™t changinā€™.

5 Likes

Edit: Though I usually write UVA these days

4 Likes