⛹ Jacob Cofie - Official Thread

Popped up in my YT feed.

7 Likes

I always had an odd grudge against hoops Aaron Brooks when he became the most famous Aaron Brooks, briefly. :joy:

5 Likes

It’s great to see him get this kind of training.

4 Likes

Agreed. Pretty excited about Cofie and its true he fills a big need.

Im excited that it seems like we’re getting a new pipeline of forwards that should be defensive monsters with just some buy in, I think thats the key to getting back to an elite defense.

Cofie also has some intriguing offensive skills. I really like forwards who can pass and handle a little bit, I think it makes you more of an outside threat even if the shooting isnt all the way there.

4 Likes

Although I want Dunn to be a lottery pick, I would be interested to see what a Bond, Dunn, Cofie 3,4,5 lineup would do on the defensive end

6 Likes

Throw in Bliss and Eli - how would an opponent shoot over 30% against that?

7 Likes

Right. And I point out…only because of the disappointment and anger about Kon…that the intangible all those guys share is their excitement about playing here, and their willingness to buy into the system. This – along with the upside of our talent in the pipeline – excites me as a fan. The coaching staff will develop the talent and athleticism they already possess into players that I find far more intriguing than one guy who will likely be gone in a year.

5 Likes

Would we shoot 30% though?

1 Like

Great points, I feel like in the Kon discussions we forgot how great of a player we did get and how he fits in with the rest of the team.

1 Like

Some underestimate how good Eli and Bliss will shoot from the floor.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Awesome. Especially how Duncan the reporter was frozen from a 70s student and is still the same in 2023

Also Fresh been calling him Coffee not CO- fee. Whoops

12 Likes

Rhymes with trophy!

15 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxjLW-zynPz/

13 Likes

Fluid. If he can tighten the handle a la RD, he’s going to be special. Could be more Trey Murphy than Mike Scott.

4 Likes

This kid is going to be really good.

2 Likes

Definitely see the Mike Scott comparisons

1 Like

Yeah. But Mike did not have that dribble series. Or am I misrembering?

1 Like

I think that with stuff related to handle, we gotta see it in 5-on-5 spacing first, with help defenders stunting into the driving lanes and looking to swipe at the ball. Guys can get away with a lot in 1-on-1 with the whole court available to them. He does look fluid though.

3 Likes

I think he’d have it in that kind of 1 on 1 format

1 Like