Leon Bond Commits!

May be wrong but I think Getter was the lead assistant. Bennett had to close but I would think Getter helped set the table. Not bad to get a Top 50 kid the first go around on the road for UVa.

6 Likes

Canā€™t help but notice that Isaac Traudt has already like that Instagram post.

21 Likes
21 Likes

A poster on the Sabre yesterday dropped a hint on Bond. Followed up today heā€™s hearing more big news is just a matter of time.

9 Likes

Not only big but ā€œbigā€ news

5 Likes

I mean Traudt is going to be a Hoo and its only gonna be a matter of when at this point.

Yes you can blame me when Traudt commits to Nebraska cause I jinxed us.

3 Likes

But then he transfers to UVA! Just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Wow, great news. Did not expect this one to go our way.

Seems like heā€™ll be a great pairing on the wing with McKneely filling more of that sharpshooter role.

I donā€™t hate that Tony got to stick it to Shaka a little on this one, either.

6 Likes

2nd team NBA all defense in his 2nd year and not even a starter for the Sixers. Mad respect for him around the league. Would love if Bond developed into that, but ā€˜Tisse is elite. Probably an unrealistic and unfair expectation at this point.

2 Likes

In terms of outcome yeah thatā€™s hard, but Thybulle was only a borderline top 100 recruit out of HS so in terms of ā€œwhat could beā€ its still possible.

Eric Bossi, head 247 recruiting person, absolutely loves Leon Bond and says heā€™s one of his favorite players in the class. Hustle and energy baby

12 Likes

Man, what a GREAT DAY to be a HOO. Im hype.

11 Likes

The youtube algorithm is hyped too (but man put him in the middle of the zone)

3 Likes

Just noticing Tipton threw a moon into the edit again. Weird obsession.

14 Likes

in recruit post interview @brogdonfanpage needs to ask if Tipton brought up the moon with Bond and also his thoughts on lunar events in general

5 Likes

Matisse Thybulle but hopefully with Tonyā€™s coaching does better of staying in front of his manLOL (a lot of these are recovery blocks which are still a sign of elite athleticism but lock em down early)

1 Like
3 Likes

@brogdonfanpage also ask him if this was a selling point in the recruitment?

If Leon Bond can do half of what Thybulle could do at Wash we will be very happy. He wrecked offenses. As far as his game in the NBA, his recovery blocks are a real skillā€¦ he can play up tight and doesnā€™t need to worry about staying in front because of those recovery blocksā€¦

3 Likes

That roster chart screams for two more bigs in this class.

5 Likes

It kinda does. Hopefully Traudt and then a 4/5. I remain perplexed the coaching staff hasnā€™t spent more time looking at ā€˜22 bigs. It feels like we need one in ā€˜22, but the staff is clearly viewing it as a ā€˜23 thing that theyā€™re WILLING to move to ā€˜22 for the right guy.

1 Like