Less Than a Month Til Basketbal

You are right Leftcoast. While he has already put on five pounds of muscle since arriving tu UVA. Strength is still an issue. I was also told he is more of a set shooter than coming off the screen shooter. He could and should work on that this season. I was also told he needed time adjusting tu the speed at this level. In other words, I wasnt told he is dominating like so many are saying. He is a talent but all this going pro and being an immediate star isnt what I was told. However, it doesn’t make what I was told true. Maybe the person is trying tu keep the pressure off him. They always been a tough evaluator. Plus what would be his excuse for the waiver when we know he doesnt have an emergency and just wanted tu redshirt and play on a higher level. We all know TB THE GARD wouldnt dare lie or make something up. Tre is on record for why he transferred. Just a few things tu think about.

2 Likes

We also heard Huff was a terror when he was younger. We heard Darius was a player we never had and can touch the paint. Marial was going tu replace Justin. Taylor Barnette is the best shooter. Casey will be a great replacement for the guys that left offensivly. James Johnson is the best freshman big in years. I can keep going on and on. Again, Tre may be ready but PLEASE dont put pressure or high expectations on him guys. Even Gill had a rough time his first yr at UVA. I say look at it as a nice bonus tu an already deep team. Having tu much can be just as bad as having tu little. I also think TB struggles more with a deep team. I prefer he redshirt. We will see.

3 Likes

Tre is not close tu Penny. Totally different players. Penny was a TRUE PG. Now they look alike LOL. But I see more Cam Reddish than even Dre. I will also say Rodney Hood. But he isnt Penny. In my Opinion LOL

1 Like

TB must of had his worst game against a team that wore orange LOL. He dont even like orange ties. We are the only school with tu uniforms.

1 Like

Dang Style you are right. I kept saying they remind me of a team. It look just like Uconn and our blue gets darker and darker. I even want the Grey unis with blue writing and orange outline. We could be way more creative.

2 Likes

In all fairness, a lot of people dislike orange as a color. In terms of colors people are most likely to hate, it’s probably up there. But, it is one of our school colors! Feels like it shouldn’t be done away with to the extent they’re doing in those jerseys.

Also, I’m all for re-inventing and modernizing if it helps us market our program and bring in money, but these do just feel very much like they came off some generic template. Almost feel like practice jerseys. I’m sure I’ll come around but… not overly impressed as of right now.

4 Likes

Don’t think anyone is expecting him to be a star just hoping he can fill the one major question mark this team has. We need guys who can guard the 2 and 3 and make open 3’s. If it’s true that Murphy is able to guard the 3, and we already know he can shoot, he answers one of those spots for us. Takes us to 4 starters we can trust instead of 3. Kinda like how Sarr won’t be a star for Kentucky but him getting eligible raises their floor since he’s the only proven post player they have.

1 Like

I have a very short list of complaints about the program under Bennett. all of them petty. No orange unis is at the top… I’d love to hear what the real explanation could be. It’s strange but he is a quirky dude.

10 Likes

Not Penny who was elite of the elite. Just the highlights I saw when he put the ball on the floor he reminded me of Anfernee the way he moved back in the day

1 Like

I think a closer to home comparison might be Key becoming eligible his first year here. There were a number of folks on our message boards who said they would rather that he redshirt so he could fill in for Dre’s 3/4 hybrid spot in following two seasons and better balance our future rosters. I always wanted him to be able to play immediately to give our team more flexibility and enable us to move Dre around more. While we still would have had a stacked team without him, I don’t know that we win that title without Key getting to play that season. It wasn’t that he was a star, but he gave us that flexibility and came up big when we needed him.

With Murphy, I honestly don’t have as strong of feelings as I did about Key. Not for any particular reason, I just don’t know as much about him as a player or what our current line-ups are going to look like. I do worry a little bit that if the first years really get pushed out of playing time entirely and with the new instant transfer rule coming into play, that could create some issues, but there’s no way of projecting any of that. All of that is to say, I generally like having more weapons available, but on this situation, no idea.

3 Likes

Was bored last night and decided to mock-up what I think beginning of the season rotations might look like. Positions are pretty fluid so don’t take too much stock into that.

4 Likes

I second that emotion. Its also been a long standing gripe on the football side for me as well.

2 Likes

Is it bad that I have routinely forgotton about Mckoy?

No minutes for Wyatt? Gonna be hard to keep him off the floor.

2 Likes

Put me in the pro-orange uni camp too, and curious why the resistance. This is from an interview with the DP five years ago. Sounds like coach-speak, who knows what is unsaid.

4 Likes

A traditionalist would appreciate UVA’s tradition of having orange jerseys.

9 Likes

“Maybe some year”. I’ll give Coach a pass if he adds an orange uni. Not that he needs it but I’ve got to gripe about something, right?

3 Likes

Next guest on the Podcast: Eli Bennett and the orange jersey movement

10 Likes

Yeah, right?

1 Like

Think Reece will be closer to 25 than 15 based off how Kihei was used two years ago and how much praise he is getting. Other than that I have no idea how the guard rotation will work out.