London Johnson Post-Mortem [Recruiting Meta]

Continuing the discussion from 2024 Class Reachout day (June 15th 2022):

Separate thread for this one since I may have destroyed the other one.

2 Likes

Now let’s start the thread off with a quote from October 2021 from our resident Nostradamus.

Edit: Edited heavily - not sure what was VIP originally.
Edited 2: HGN provided the only detail that matters.

2 Likes

We are fucked.

1 Like

You realize he got a $2M offer the week he was going to announce right? The only noise about NIL etc came in the final weeks just seeing if schools could give him any reason to consider a different path.

9 Likes

Wow. I had assumed the paying option came late in the process but had no idea it was that much.

2 Likes

You realize that if Reece sprains an ankle next year we won’t have anybody on the team that is proficient in dribbling the basketball, right?

4 Likes

Jeez… I can’t wait for my “funny story” that results in me getting offered a cool 2 millie

6 Likes

“Funny story… there’s a lot of zeroes in 2 million.”

2 Likes

So F’d

3 Likes

Almost as many zeroes as the number of point guard commitments we have

2 Likes

We have Kihei at least thru 2025.

5 Likes

To do what?

But seriously… yikes. That’s on the high end for g league elite salaries, I think

2 Likes

Funny thing is that a few people were blaming Kihei’s possible 5th year for the loss of London Johnson which never made much sense to me.

1 Like

Scoot Henderson is making $1 mn per shams. Are we sure the $2 mn isn’t like a 2 year deal? He can’t go pro for 2 years, I don’t think.

Looks like Green made 500k, Hardy made 500k.

Is the G league elite getting desperate for talent because of the competition from OTE and NIL? 2 million for LJ is nuts. That’s better than the rookie minimum, right?

1 Like

I believe it was $2m over 2 yeah

2 Likes

Thanks. 1 mn is still a lot, but I guess they’re just matching the market with Scoot.

1 Like

Ahem…

London Goneson

Elmarko Jacksgone

Freddie Diligone

JaiMD Kaiser

Blake Buchangone

Elijah Gonetrude

Trey Gone

TJ Goner

3 Likes

Wonder if she has a brother we could recruit and not get?

7 Likes

Milwaukee! Is she a lefty?

5 Likes

Bungling green and LJ this cycle is borderline malpractice

2 Likes