Looking at the 2021 Recruiting Horizon

No, we are still going hard after you know who. I shared weeks ago how Williford is busting his booty and deserve props for his effort and tolerance of his dad and one other person. I actually know you know who. We spoke a few times. We are not close but he appears tu be a great kid. But his recruitment has really made him look bad in the grassroots community. Let me chill.

6 Likes

With all due respect Papihoo, I think UVA would have had more of a chance than most think if MSU doesn’t offer his younger brother and visits were allowed. The end result may been the same.

I do agree that if Christie hadn’t committed, Duke wouldn’t have ramped up their pursuit of Keels. Keels appears to be a great kid but UVA doesn’t traditionally stay involved when the recruitment is played out like his, that’s all.

His antics has really sorrow many opinions about his recruitment. Not the kid personally. HGN, You have the social media antics and The fact they are PURPOSELY putting out wrong info tu the media and everyone else. They hated that his committment got blowned up several months ago and ever since than. They been striving tu keep people off guard from knowing what’s up. Many kids are tired of sites blowing their surprise. It brings no excitement for their announcement. But there is a bigger reason why people are upset about this recruitment. I be glad tu tell you if you want tu know.

4 Likes

Tu, I agree and really appreciate you sharing. Do you feel as if Williford wasn’t so involved that Tony would have cooled on Keels due to how his group has played things?

I would love to know.

3 Likes

What indications were there he would visit? I never saw any. To be honest, I think your wishing may be outweighing what took place or could have taken place

1 Like

We had no choice but tu play Casey. Who else we had and everybody played poorly on the perimeter. So thats not a good reply.

What they are saying is, if UVA have a stud offensive player.  They will not value that skill set like others and Williford did say. They have tu make sure Jabri know a good shot and when tu shoot. I dont think that is a problem.   But I dont want UVA messing up Jabri aggression and confidence.   I dont want him thinking and worried about whats a good shot and should he take this shot. I also hope we will allow Casey and Jabri tu have isolation play calls. Just throw out the blocker mover at times and let them take their man off the dribble.  Not only because they are good at it.  But also, our team will.be able tu spread the court and open up the lanes and paint.  Teams cant clog us up anymore.  We have great shooters.  So those tu taking guys off the dribble should automatically be part of the offense.  I think out of all the sports. Basketball is the easiest tu coach and understand.  Its also the only one where talent wins the majority of time.
1 Like

I think a better reply would be to tell them towatch Hunter, Jerome, and Guy during our run. A lot of their shots that carried us were set plays, but also some iso plays/gusty plays. Tony will let you play freely if he trusts you. He could very well trust Jabri as the season goes on

2 Likes

By the way. I do not think you know who is a future pro. I think he will get drafted based on his name but he is not a one and done. He need time tu develop and learn the game. This is why I get upset with his inner circle. NBA point guards would run circles around him. He is a very good fundamentally sound player. He is not very athletic or tall. He is not a great ball handler and im not sure about his ability tu run an offense and see the court as a PG. So tu allow Duke or anyone else tu tell you BS is whack. Thats just my opinion.

9 Likes

There isnt a character issue with Trevor. I said his name because I wanted tu be clear. His recruitment has a black stain. The kid is only doing what he is told tu do.

3 Likes

Chase Jeter. 5☆, Top 15 kid. How did Duke work out for him. Plenty of other elite kids get recruited over under Coach Rat.

5 Likes

So do you no longer feel good about our standing or just not liking the recruitment?

1 Like

Papihoo, he is one of the few prospects who pretty much called Coach K’s recruiting out and it sounded as if it wasn’t going to work with his family. He was also very complimentary of UVA and Coach Bennett.
I do think we had more of a shot here than most anyone in the media will give us credit for. I do believe we either had a commitment from Keels or thought that is was imminent and didn’t want to cloudy things by pursuing Keels until we had a publi commitment. Again, no inside info.

1 Like

Again Chief I keep it real. I have no idea what our coaches are thinking on any topics. Im still hearing we are in it and have just as much of a chance as the other tu. I stop talking about the young man with my people. But I love tu eavesdrop and I still hear UVA is doing well. Me and my people know why things are so unsettled. Like HGN said, The dad is doing what he think is the best for his child. I wrote a post up here last week I believe, asking tu put this question on the J Willy show. Keep that question in the back of your mind. Thats all I will say and im done talking about this. LOL

3 Likes

Not Tu, but I will tell you Bennett is ALL IN with Keels. There have been other recent recruitments that your statement accurately characterized, not this one.

2 Likes

Jabri is a better hs prospect than those three and have a better skill set. People will tell you how much I talked about Jabri even before he went th Blair. Jabri was on his way tu becoming a top 20 player. He was and hopefully still is that great. He also have a way better offensive arsenal than those three. Williford remark sparked the here go University of Defense and Boredom making a great player think more about defense than improving his offensive skill set. Its not about if its true or not. Its our perception as a program. People saw us score under 55 multiple times last yr in a VERY weak ACC. They saw the PLayer of the YR of the toughest HS league, look like a scrub at UVA. Of course we know more because we are super fans. People keep telling me tu stop posting here and other sites. We know everything about the program. But their perception of us still say if you are an offensive player don’t play at UVA.

1 Like

Thanks XHoo! I trust Tony!

Come on Hoos. The point he was making was Duke put more one and dones in the NBA than any other college. They have scouts at their practices and play EVERY game on tv. They always have the dopest schedule and you are practicing against other potential pros. They don’t have tu use their green team. LOL

Again I LOVE UVA BASKETBALL but I will always keep it real.  I pray Duke offer my son. You want tu know why.  That means he is one of the very best in his class.  You get no better than Duke Basketball and thats me being real. I don't allow my dislike for something skew my opinion.  This is why my people ask me for my opinion. Its Because if your new born baby look like Gremlin.  Im not going tu say how cute the baby look. Im going tu say he is ugly.  They trust no matter what.  Im going tu give them an objective answer.
3 Likes

Forresthoo,I been checked out of this recruitment. I wish I could tell you the main reason why. But we still have a great chance is all im hearing.

4 Likes

Coach K is a great coach, I’m not putting him down .Everyone knew these guys were going to the NBA before they went to Duke

2 Likes