March 2023 - UVA Hoops

Agreed on Reece - classic case of him coming back to improve his stock. I think I’m leaning towards AF coming back unless he just wants to go play for $$ overseas. If we had a great NIL package he’d be coming back for sure.
The only way sheds comes back is if there’s a great 5th grad program that McIntyre or Darden has that he could pursue. The roster seemingly looks great for him to play major min next year…

4 Likes

Franklin: All the tools to make a NBA roster, so I guess go through some of the pre draft process. My guess is that he won’t get draft buzz, so I’d lean toward him coming back.

Sheds: Well, crap. Guess that takes some of the mystery out. Such a shame.

2 Likes

I’m excited for the next chapter in the program, but next season will likely be very tough if we lose 8 guys from this years team (the 5 you named and the 3 who are out of eligibility). Would be Isaac and Dunn, and everyone else getting their first minutes for us. Will be exciting from a development standpoint, but I don’t see us close to making the tournament, though TB can a find a way if anyone can

What? How?
I don’t want anyone outside at the starting 5.
If Reece is back it’s this:
Reece, Isaac, Bond, Dunn, Traudt
Buchanan as first big off bench and Gertrude at the 2, 3 off the bench and Harris at the 1 off the bench
That’s our 8 man rotation and let’s let nobody interfere.
Only addition is a bouncy 4/5 like Akil or Darion or Mamadi
Murray can be 9th or 10th man or his replacement can.
If Reece is gone - then we get Bliss and roll with Harris as the starter.

7 Likes

I would like that exact scenario, but I’ll be surprised if CTB doesn’t put iMac at the 3 and start Harris instead.

Simply imagining this lineup and cackling with glee

Just think about other teams trying to score

Also, does anyone remember if Kadin had anything in his IG bio related to UVA? It’s blank now. And also he didn’t post anything about the game yesterday, but didn’t repost something from his high school team. Which isn’t exactly a great sign I’d say

3 Likes

I’m so confused where you are trying to go with this. What is the actual thing you are questioning? Kadin being in the comm school? UVa not making a big enough deal about Kadin being in the comm school? The comm school membership not getting Kadin more shots at PT?

1 Like

Kadin playing hoops at a high level here and graduating McIntire would have been a nice story. But we only got one, not both. As far as the thing I didn’t really wanted to say, Fresh immediately said the extreme version of it (albeit joking).

4 Likes

So Kadin being in the comm school and UVA only talking about it sporadically the last 2 years indicates that ‘I ain’t here to play class. I’m here to play sports’ has infiltrated UVA? Is that more or less the logic?

I think Kadin qualifies as both, for me personally. Dude has started lotta games and played lotta minutes the past 2 seasons and has a huge degree he earned coming

Edit: Fresh never started one game and my degree is government foreign affairs BUT with a focus on western europe so take that Vichey!

10 Likes

Sure - which brings us back to quibbling about the hoops part, which is where I should have left it alone.

2 Likes

Can we get Haney on the pod please

5 Likes

Shedrick going to be playing ball at Northwestern next year so he can grab that M7 MBA after finishing at comm school before running a structured products desk in Chicago

14 Likes

Semantics, bouncy 4/5 or 5, same thing in my mind. Point is Traudt and Bond have played 0 mins of college ball. CTB is not going into next season with a frontcourt of Traudt, Dunn and Buchanan, not gonna happen.

My dollar against your dollar that a more likely starting line up (If Reece is back and Armann is gone) is

Maybe Harris Maybe Traudt depending on what type of ‘big’ Portal Guy is

Reece
iMac
Dunn
Portal Guy

2 Likes
  • Can we get Haney on the pod? No, people would hate that.

0 voters

9 Likes

We could do like a therapy session. Get it all out. Muffle your voice and countenance

5 Likes

You’re calling Haney incontinent?

4 Likes

Traudt could be a bit of a weak link on defense. His footspeed is adequate … hope the redshirt helps close any gaps. But I have very high hopes for Bond, Dunn, IMac, Reece and the G’town kid on defense.

1 Like

Now we’d like to welcome Haney to the show. He has some thoughts about the comm school.

istockphoto-91865170-640x640

16 Likes

What gives you so much confidence that Bond will be ready to play?