March 2023 - UVA Hoops

That’s really what it is isn’t it? A national show, or a regional show for that matter, is not going to be well versed enough to provide a breakdown of 68 teams. Not one that goes beyond the USA Today style version of it. I totally get it, I’ve done radio and did the same thing, the dirty secret about a lot of these guys is they don’t want many or any games and are literally regurgitating the info fed to them.

It’s why I actually appreciate when shows like LeBatard go the opposite direction and just have fun with it all and skip acting like they are experts with something to say.

4 Likes

4 Likes

There’s the stat that every champ in the KenPom era has been top 25 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. But isn’t it a self-fulfilling prophecy, when a championship requires six games (1/6th of the season) against teams that are also highly ranked by KenPom, which improves your efficiency (having won) throughout the course of the tourney?

1 Like

I mean… absolutely. Zero surprise there

1 Like

I think it’s true for pre-tourney data, too

3 Likes

Is it? Because all you can ever find is the postseason data.

The pre-tourney data is there, too, but annoyingly, you have to download .csv files

3 Likes

ACC Tournament Final vs. Duke – Cuts from The Corner: UVA Hoops Musings

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1635667665376165892?s=46&t=nv6NWZIwUnb5tM3ans_D1w

21 Likes

This is amazing

6 Likes

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/23/03/5933895B-9FA6-4971-B569-6463F2CDA803/RPReplay_Final1678838234.mov

Nevermind. Paladin professors doing math on Furmans chances to beat UVa

Mike D Nerds GIF by Beastie Boys

2 Likes

need

1 Like

Hoe did you manage to put the file location in your post and post the image?

5 Likes

I am gonna need to take a class to understand that question

9 Likes

With the transfer thread closed, figured I’d throw this here. It’ll change a lot in the coming days/weeks but right now Dante Harris the #8 transfer.

10 Likes

Gotta hit the portal early like TB do

1 Like

The one podcasters have been repeating this year is ‘top 40 on offense and top 22 on defense entering the tournament.’ Apparently the only exception in the last 10 tournaments is the Shabazz UConn team

https://mobile.twitter.com/d_stevenson1/status/1635688110322331682/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1635688110322331682&currentTweetUser=d_stevenson1

5 Likes

Dauster has shown himself to be a hatin’ ass bitch the past week or so…definitely making digs about our first game with dook. “Dook should have won/ Dook was jobbed” etc. etc. being disingenious and not acknowledging that they were on the road against us, Filipowski hadn’t scored at all, and they had OT to right the wrongs but they didn’t.

And now he’s letting that hate carry over to the NCAA tournament after we lost to dook in the ACC FINALS. He wasn’t giving us any love when we beat UNC or Clemson but now is trying to subvert us moving forward.

Fuck that guy.

11 Likes

What he said!

5 Likes