Michigan Game Thread

UVA by 4.5

Edit: Moved immediately to 4

We offered him before his sophomore year at Dematha. July 2017 and he was class of 2020. He eventually got a lot of blue blood interest and I think we had long since moved on.

3 Likes

I told you my memory wasn’t very good,lol.

Ultimately I think they wanted a big a year or two early. Dickinson stayed in 2020. They got Papi and Kadin so center wasn’t on the agenda by then.

But could be wrong.

1 Like

Man, this start time is brutal. 930 for an east coast team is not ideal.

2 Likes

Y’all may feel differently, but I feel like we should be a heavier favorite in this game. I think we’ll smash that line.

First true road test. Giant target on our back. Michigan needing an OOC feather in their cap. Very late start time.

Hope you are right but I expect a battle.

Gonna catch a nice nap between USA Soccer and this game tho!

3 Likes

Could see us coming down from a high + true road game. Wouldn’t at all be surprised squeaking out a grinder.

1 Like

930 pm? Guess we’re trying to get that Hawaii guy to watch it.

13 Likes

Kenpom has the margin at 5, Torvik at 3, so the the 4/4.5 line is basically an average of the two.

2 Likes

Our defense should travel. It feels like our 3pt shooting is what will either set us apart or make this a total grind. Even without stellar shooting, we can still take them down

2 Likes

Michigan proly goes up early. We whittle it down then win by 12 semi going away

Their guards dont want the smoke

8 Likes

My reductive analysis: Their guards have been REALLY bad (Llewellyn, Bufkin, McDaniel). Their shooting has been abysmal, and they’re not doing much else to make up for it. If that remains the case, we should probably win. If they play better, it will be much more interesting.

2 Likes

They will play better, for a while but wont maintain

Llewelyn been there as long as Kihei?

4 Likes

He’s an Ivy grad transfer (Princeton). He’s from somewhere in central VA. Maybe Lynchburg? McDaniel is a PVI kid. So some potential local motivation (similar to Epps on Illinois).

Here it is – he played for Curtis Staples at VA Episcopal in Lynchburg for 2 years, but he’s from the Toronto area.

1 Like

Oh thats right. Didnt he commit to Clemson in transfer portal? Then realised that was bad for his college degres resume and went to Michigan instead? (Kidding)

5 Likes

That rings a bell, but can’t vouch for it

We briefly discussed here on LRA. Where it counts

2 Likes

Llewellyn didn’t really do point guard things at Princeton, and he has continued to not really do point guard things, so they are sort of missing that from their roster. McDaniel does some assisting, but he doesn’t bring much else offensively yet.

1 Like

The game is an opportunity. It helps us with a solid road win if we win but doesn’t matter a whole lot if we lose except for what it might mean personally. I have a grudge with Michigan basketball so I’m a little more emotionally invested in it than if we were playing Purdue or Minnesota.

The two wins in Vegas put us where we needed to be in the OC schedule. We’re playing with House money against Michigan and Houston. I don’t care about rankings this time of year, it’s a fools errand.

7 Likes