NBA Offseason 2020

Worth watching, the Kings have signed both their 2020 second round draft picks to multi year partially guaranteed NBA deals. With the NBA roster at 17 including two non guaranteed deals, the lineup is pretty full ahead of KG as it stands.

2 Likes

Yes, long-term roomate, Pat, and I were talking about Brogdon receiving this accollade earlier today (Fri). Itā€™s simply wonderful, and tnx, @blguthrie, for posting the Pacersā€™ press release.

1 Like

Kyle needs to go to one of the bottom East coast teams like Orlando, or Charlotte to show off his shooting and get some playing time.

4 Likes

Was reading an NBA roster article on ESPN this evening and saw the folowing:

ā€œA two-way player will be paid a flat salary of $449,155 for the 2020-201 season. The salary does not count toward the salary cap and luxury tax (that rule remained the same).ā€

Thatā€™s awesome news for Kyle and Mamadi this season. It would also suggest that the overseas deal that Devon signed must have been pretty good.

7 Likes

Nice change for this seasonā€¦ hopefully it remains a thing. It also said the rule changed where a two-way player can play in up to 50 of the 72 games instead of only be with the parent club for 45 days. Both make more sense in my opinion to provide a better incentive for players considering OCONUS to stay at home.

2 Likes

Joey Hoops got the ink. Spending that new paycheck well I see.

https://twitter.com/brooklynnets/status/1336095279221780483?s=21

Didnā€™t realize his mom passed, hate to hear that.

Grandma I believe. Mom is still alive and well but battling/was battling cancer.

Wonā€™t be plugging my other Nets stuff here but figured this first one was relevant:

10 Likes

Hunter looking solid so far in this preseason game. Bogdan and Galinari still need to be accilimated and adjust to the trae young run team.

2 Likes

Kyle guy in the game now on espn.

2 Likes

Looks good in the uniform:

11 Likes

Also should note that weā€™ve got three NBA preseason games today where our guys could see the floor with the Pacers (Malcolm), Thunder (Ty), and Bucks (Mamadi) playing today.

And tomorrow, in addition to another round of Hawks (Deā€™Andre) and Kings (Kyle) games, weā€™ve got Nets (Joe) v. Wizards (Gill). Would be awesome to see them on the floor at the same time if that were to happen somehow.

5 Likes

Couldnā€™t help but notice Ty wasnā€™t in uniform last night. Any news?

1 Like

He didnā€™t make the trip to San Antonio, a number of other guys didnā€™t as well including some of their starters.

2 Likes
8 Likes

D. Hunter got a lot of PT tonight and dropped 15 in the Hawks match-up with the Magic. He was put back into the game for the last 2-3 min after playing a lot throughout it.

My feed of the Nets-Wiz game is blocked. Sigh.

4 Likes

How does PT in the NBA preseason usually work? Do they rotate which depth guys get time in different games?

3 Likes

Dre scored 18 in Atlantaā€™s first game. Looked notably stronger to me and maybe 10 lbs heavier. Played very aggressively.

5 Likes

KG with two second quarter 3ā€™s for Sacramento.

8 Likes