NBA Season '20-'21

She at least took a break and moved out with Kyle sometime pre-Covid during the 19/20 season. Remember him talking about it when it happened. Don’t know if she resumed ND classes sometime later or found a new school in California or what.

2 Likes

Made me check out her Instagram. Looks like she dropped out or at least hashtagged one of her posts with #lawschooldropout

Kind of a shame. NDs a good school, she must’ve been a great student to get in. But if she realized she doesn’t want to be a lawyer, better to cut your losses now rather than waste time and money.

1 Like

It’s Mamadi Time

12 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

All of Ty’s highlights from the other night:

And if you really like watching Mamadi hit free throws:

6 Likes

Jerome playing some bully ball in the paint against shorter guards and *his floater on display.

Mamadi obviously getting fouled alot and converting his freethrows, and showing off some intimidating Giannis like dunks will serve him well as teams are going to have to continue to respect him and not get in his way.

5 Likes

Biggest change I see in Mamadi is ballhandling. He is real comfortable putting it on the floor as a pro

12 Likes

Totally agree. He looks fluid with the ball in hand. He tried to show that in his last season at uva but it just wasnt effective at the time.

1 Like

Yea thats my comparison In college he could pat it twice max and dribble 3 got tricky. Wonder if he put lot of work into it (seems obvious) or if the pro game just more conducive in spaces etc

Feel like we have seen that with out guys in the NBA in different ways across different skills since college. Is really impressive on their parts

2 Likes

*our guys

There’s just so much more space in the NBA. Mamadi could handle in high school but just couldn’t at a high enough level for the clogged lanes that the college game has.

3 Likes

No doubt Dre and Mamadi and even KG have shown a major jump in their ability to dribble and create. A new wrinkle none of them really had. Ty’s game is the most similar to his college form but in many ways it required less transformation to work in the NBA

3 Likes

They say no question is stupid, but…is the NBA floor a larger surface area or just that college teams pack it in defensively?

1 Like

Packed in with college. In today’s nba there’s more space than ever with the 3 becoming the prefered shot and all bigs becoming stretch wings. Most offenses are designed to create space for some form of dribble drive.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

1 Like

Number one thing is the NBA has a defensive 3 second rule and college doesn’t. Other major factor is the NBA shooters are so much better than in college so you can’t really help off anyone.

1 Like

Only thing I have seen different in Tys NBA game is running selectively but was thinking about our guys and agree that Tys game seems most similar to how he played at UVa.

3 Likes

Spacing is different because the shooters are better. Most in the NBA can hit a 3.

That’s why I say, it’s not that the defense in the NBA is bad. It’s that the shooters are elite

5 Likes

I’d add to that talent concentration. Easier in the NBA to always have multiple guys on the floor who can shoot the 3 without making major defensive (or other skill) sacrifices that you would have to do at the college level.

3 Likes