NBA Season '20-'21

2 Likes

Harris is cooking tonight with 15 first half points… did not start but played most of the 2nd quarter against the sixer starters…

7 Likes

Joe Harris doing the damn thang!

4 Likes

Wait Joe is still coming off the bench with Dinwidie done and KD and Kyrie both out? How does that make sense? Is bringing your second best player off the bench a normal strategy in the NBA?

2 Likes

So when dinwoodie got hurt they had to adjust the lineup and add more punch to the second lineup.

1 Like

However yes you’re right Joe should be starting now that all 3 are out.

2 Likes

Right I get it when KD and Kyrie are playing. Just seems odd when they are out. Guess it worked tonight though.

2 Likes

Right! I’m sure the coaching was very impressed with Joe coming off the bench and scoring 28 as efficiently as he’s been. And the fact that he likely has had a good attitude about it, I’m sure both sides were very happy to keep him in Brooklyn.

1 Like

I think Joe Harris is happy with $20 million a year regardless.

1 Like
7 Likes

[quote=“Gna2r, post:65, topic:3364, full:true”]
So when dinwoodie got hurt they had to adjust the lineup and add more punch to the second lineup.
[/quote] except that Joe played a ton with the starters…he was in the game late in the 4th and hit the dagger 3 around the 3min mark that put em up by 15 and sealed the game…there is no real logical reason that Bruce Brown started over Joe especially since brown wound up playing only 18 min… while Shamet, Joe and TLC… the “bench” SGs all played more than brown… this is a long way to say that in this one game being a starter as opposed to coming off the bench didn’t really mean anything… Joe played 30 minutes… high man for the nets was Lavert at 32 minutes…

3 Likes
1 Like

Well that sucks so does that mean that all of the Nets will Also have to quarantine since that player likely was on the bench or playing with the team and therefore were in contact with the Nets too?

2 Likes

Brown maybe better defensively when you already have scorers like KD and Kyrie. Helps set the tone and continues the fire power when you insert levert and Harris

2 Likes

I’m actually changing my point. Yes due to Dinwoodies injury they are changing the lineups a bit, but also with Kyrie and Durant in the starting lineup there may not be enough shots for Joe, maybe they wanted to move him to the second unit so that he can get more shots and dominate there.

2 Likes

Guess they are still sorting all that out.

3 Likes

It’s crazy but I think coming off the bench may make more sense for Harris. Purely because he can get more shots up. I completely agree with what you’re saying. The Nets are very deep, and I’d imagine with the quick turnarounds and current injuries/covid/personal reasons that Nash will want to use as much of that depth as possible to keep guys available for the post season which is what really matters for the Nets. 18 mins off the bench with a green light is a lot better than 26 mins standing in the corner waiting for kickouts with the starters.

3 Likes

I don’t think it is best for the Nets to have Joe come off the bench…in today’s NBA you want spacing for your stars to operate more easily… they paid Joe 20M a year to stand in the corner and hit 3’s to create that spacing… everyone in the league knows if you don’t get out on Joe he will kill you…however it is best for Joe himself to be the 6th man… cuz he would be a first or second option to get transition buckets as well as hitting 3’s in half court sets…

3 Likes

I also agree with your point, unless the Nets think that it’s so easy to get KD and Kyrie points that having Joe out there “not” getting the ball is a waste of his time and energy. So maybe they replace him with a defender who can score a little bit, and then Joe wreaks Havoc off the bench?

Agree 100% on what’s best for Nets vs. What’s best for Joe.