NBA Season '20-'21

On one of the recent JWilly shows, he sounded kind of envious of the role Joe had on the Nets. $20M to shoot while KD and KI have to do everything else and shoulder the media spotlight.

2 Likes

Anybody ever consider that what is best for the Nets might also be best for Joe?

I’ve been thinking about this for a while – even wrote a story on it (Should Joe Harris Come Off the Bench for the Brooklyn Nets?). There’s no reason he couldn’t come off the bench and still play with KD and Kyrie. Give him minutes off the bench in the first and third quarters and then a bit at the start of the 2nd and 4th, then pull him and run him with the ‘starters’ for the final 5-8 minutes.

This idea that Joe gets fewer shots with KD and Kyrie on the floor is also a bit of a reach. Obviously when neither of them play in the game, he’s gonna get more shots – like last night. But he’s still getting shots up with them on the floor. He’s averaging 9.7 FGA with both of them. Since Dinwiddie was lost for the year, it’s 11 FGA (he took 11.4 FGA per game last year even with that depleted roster). As of now, he’s their third option with that starting lineup and Levert coming off the bench. KD and Kyrie will even make life easier for Joe, give him more open looks (cough 53.7% on threes so far cough).

They could even just start him and then play him with the bench for certain stretches if they wanted to. All this just goes to say that Harris is crazy versatile at this point and however they use him he’ll be extremely efficient.

9 Likes

Back to my take on what is best for Joe… I am making an assumption that playing ball is more fun when you can run and gun a little and take jumpers in the half court… when joe is playing with Kyrie and KD he ain’t finishing in transition with those guys… as for Joe getting more shots I think the argument with that is Kyrie is ball dominant and the perception is that he won’t pass it to Joe even when he is the best option… I could see Kyrie be tripled and still try to use his handles to get to the rim instead of passing… whether this is fair or not… who knows

3 Likes
5 Likes

Former Virginia standout Braxton Key was selected by the 76ers' G-League affiliate Delaware Blue Coats in the third round of the G-League draft. https://t.co/qNRGSXGzMP

— Cavalier Daily Sports (@CavDailySports) January 11, 2021

Shout out to Braxton on getting drafted into the GLeague

18 Likes
2 Likes

Been trying to tie this to uva. I got it. Simmons takes a lot of the Forward minutes on the team, and without him there there would be a lot of blank minutes that would need to be filled. Who’s a guy on the sixers roster than can fill that void? Mike Scott

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe Irving heard Steven A and is retiring

2 Likes

I hate this for everyone but the Pacers

Guess we’ll find out now where Zach’s true writing loyalties lie…

4 Likes

Joe’s available shots will drop dramatically. Would rather see him off the bench now.

3 Likes

Guess Joe better cut back on calories or increase his daily step count.

2 Likes

Still think Joe is very important here. They have to either double and leave joe open or let Harden or Durant go iso. Yesterday the nuggets literally lets Durant go iso and face guarded Joe.

3 Likes

Crazy love how it’s completely okay to trade on speculation in the NBA now. 4 first rounders and a cple pieces and the rockets are hoping to hit it. Crazy how that works.

3 Likes

The Nets are paying lux tax now?

So many of the Nets non-super star players are now gone or injured. Lavert and Allen gone, Dinwiddie out for the season. While Harden will certainly suck up shots, they’ll need Joe to contribute - there’s just not many other proven guys left. Will be fascinating to watch.

2 Likes

Are Joe and Dinwiddie the only guys left from that 2018 team?

3 Likes