NBA Season '20-'21

If rumors or Luka or Zion wanting out of their programs are true, you give those teams all of your picks LOL.

1 Like

I don’t think Luka and Zion are going to approve a move to OKC…

You can build a team with picks. Atlanta and Philly are prime examples. With a market like OKC, I think it’s the only way.

2 Likes

OKC was the original model that Philly and Atlanta successfully copied (and Charlotte and other unsuccessfully attempted).

Durant, Westbrook and Harden in the top 4 picks of 3 successive drafts plus Ibaka later in the 1st round of the Westbrook year.

OKC 1st-round picks over the next six years:

2021 = own + Boston’s + Houston’s or Miami’s (depending on where HOU lands in the lottery)
2022 = own + LA Clippers’ + top-12 protected Phoenix
2023 = own + Denver’s + top-14 protected Miami + option to swap with LA Clippers
2024 = own + Houston’s + LA Clippers’
2025 = own + top-6 protected Sixers’ + options to swap with Houston or LA Clippers
2026 = own + LA Clippers’ + top-4 protected Houston

1 Like

We got a GAME 7 boys and girls…

1 Like

Man, I hate to say it, but if Joe was just shooting his averages, the Nets probably would have already won this series or would win tonight. He’s been in a total funk.

6 Likes

Yeah he’s rushing, but I guess they’re playing good D? Just getting into his space on shots Really well.

1 Like

He’s been terrible

1 Like

He’s going to get traded. $20 million to shoot threes and falling short here.

He won’t get traded

2 Likes

I think you gotta cut him some slack, he obviously was bad this series but the guys that primarily get him open shots (Kyrie and Harden) are both compromised (Kyrie out, Harden can’t drive with the hammy). He’s had to take a lot more shots off the dribble which is not his strength. He was fine tonight I’d say, 3-9 on 3s, 9 rebs, played pretty good D on Jrue Holiday who went 5-23.

He obviously wasn’t his usual self this series, but he’s still one of the best spot up guys in the league. Highly doubt he gets traded.

2 Likes

He missed some wide open set shots though. It’s the spending $20 million for that one ability. They could get a solid 40% 3pt shooter and another post defender with that space. Joe needs to play more confidentally next year in the playoffs or there will be a lot of vitrol (not just hot takes like tonight).

He sure did miss those, never said he didn’t. Shooting slumps happen. He was lights out for the Celtics series and game 1 of the Bucks series before he got cold. It’s not like he’s one of these dudes who “can’t do it in the playoffs”

3 Likes

Joe definitely needs to play better but there’s a reason he makes 20 a year

1 Like

I’d be highly surprised if they traded him, and he brings value beyond 3s alone. 55% from 2 this season in addition to the gaudy 3P% numbers, so he can still hurt teams who run him off the line, and fits like a glove around their stars. And he’s fairly sturdy on D too, as he makes it so Harden and Kyrie don’t have to defend one of the better perimeter players.

2 Likes

Man… Joe isn’t going anywhere… the big three didn’t show up due to injuries… Joe is paid a lot of money to shoot 3’s but he is not a superstar… those guys gotta show up… now if for whatever reason the Durantula wants Joe gone… then yeah that can happen…

As a sixers fan I find it so hard to believe that Ice Trey commands so much help D that on every dribble drive he has an option to find a roller to the basket for a easy lob… someone needs to tell Kihei to watch this Hawks series…

2 Likes

Is this a real convo? Joe ain’t going anywhere. They’ll run it back with everyone healthy next year.

3 Likes

Trey Young *does command that respect because he can shoot from further out than NbA range and if they run pick and roll he could lob to Capela (Jay Huff), but then could hit layups well.

If you recall- during some of out earlier games the pick and roll lob to Jay and alleyoops to Trey were converting but then teams just made the adjustment by having Kihei finish.

1 Like

Ice Trae the closer is in the building!

How can Simmons be considered an elite player and a pg and he can’t even play in the last min of a game 7 cause he cant hit free throws

7 Likes