NCAAT First Round - Furman vs Virginia (12:30 PM, TruTV, Thursday, 16 Mar 2023)

Slawson in the portal to start for us at the 4?

2 Likes

After he is their leading scorer and beats us in the 1st round, yes.

1 Like

In the words of BVP: ā€œIf you can beat em, join em.ā€

4 Likes

Slawson is ironically exactly what we should be looking for in a transfer frontcourt player lol.

3 Likes

I might be in the minority but I like Bilas.

Heā€™s kinda pompous but obviously very knowledgeable and tends to slobber on Duke less than the rest of the ESPN crew, even though heā€™s an alum.

13 Likes

Itā€™s a shocking turn of events that this world class coach who peers, players, and parents respect and admire will not have any players next year. Did not see that coming.

Seriously though, if we lose a 19 year old who is homesick, we just take that loss. Itā€™s tough for some kids being that far away from family and friends. I think we will find someone out there who is a good comp if that is what happens.

For now letā€™s roll with the team we got this year. Itā€™s a good team. Beat Furman!

1 Like

I canā€™t agree with this lol Traudt is not replaceable. Heā€™s one of the most valuable prospects in college basketball. Very few players offer the combo of his offensive talent, length, and the promise of multiple years of production

5 Likes

I get your concern. Traudt is a great prospect and I hope we do not lose him. He was not a McD AA, he wasnā€™t tested day in day out in NYC or Philly. He was going to take time to develop into Tonyā€™s system. I would hate to lose someone who has spent a year with the program. But I remain optimistic that we could find someone to fill his role next year (that does not mean that player would have his ceiling in the long run).

We do not get McD AAs with any sort of frequency to make that relevant. Traudt was about as good as we hope to land with the UVA regime, nearly top 50 kid who is a knockdown shooter with good size and athleticism. Those do not grow on trees and shooting has been a weakness for two years now

4 Likes

Back to Furman:

Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

Harris
McKneely
Dunn
Buchanan
Houshmazouli

Championship!

2 Likes

Losing Traudt would be a huge deal. Not really sure why this is actually an argument.

However, Iā€™m not going to get upset because some random Creighton board is saying heā€™s going there

10 Likes

Does Ryan Dunn start vs Furman to guard Slawson?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I donā€™t think there really is an argument about the fact that it would be a huge loss. I think really the only difference of opinion here is how much we fret and worry about it. I am not going to be doom and gloom about this two days away from our opening game in the tournament.

Then why would it matter if he were a McD AA or not?

1 Like

In no way is this a Papi game right? But at the same time our move to sides favors Papiā€™s screen setting.

2 Likes

We will absolutely start Papi and he will get absolutely toasted

7 Likes

I imagine if we start Papi then Jayden will start on Slawson

2 Likes

The question was whether there are comparable players we can get for Traudt. I think there would be in the transfer market, especially the RS Freshman version of Traudt. He is not a one and done, as you said we donā€™t get those players.

The only comparison for Traudt is at Duke and heā€™ll be in the NBA next year. Last 2-3 years of high school classes havenā€™t been very good

1 Like