NCAAT First Round - Furman vs Virginia (12:30 PM, TruTV, Thursday, 16 Mar 2023)

You can see the opposing coach basically start running high screens with the 5 when Sheds is in to force him into dumb fouls out by the timeline. Sheds (and Tony) always take the bait.

2 Likes

Take the 4 express train up to @haney s on the UES. His 2 year old will be droppin F bombs by halftime and Haney gonna have to rent another dog house for himself

5 Likes

This is a very good point that I haven’t seen yet. Part of the reason M/B was so efficient in the Brogdon era was Maclcolm was very aggressive coming off screens. Starting to see glimpses of that mentality from Armaan and that opens things up for everyone else

3 Likes

Someone’s never watched Impractical Jokers…. Casual

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m glad we avoided Kent St, Drake and Oral Roberts.

Slightly off topic but I think VCU over St Mary’s is the upset pick that is extremely popular but doesn’t happen.

6 Likes

I went with VCU fairly far, but I’ve only seen St Mary’s against the Zags recently, so that may be affecting how good I think they are.

Lol! I’ve got an Illinois-VCU Sweet 16 game in the West… I will save some of my terrible picks for the general tourney thread. Fwiw, I’m going with a UVa-SDSU second round game. Charleston seems fraud-ish. Lots of mid-majors would look good if they got to host an MTE with mediocre Power 6 teams…

4 Likes

Nasty defense. Playing top 5 hoops right now. They are good.

2 Likes

Mountain West though… (though I’ve got 3 MWC teams in my round of 32 … none in the Sweet 16).

1 Like

Just download the March madness live app. You can watch all the games on that. First 2 hours are free, and you don’t even have to put in your cable info

2 Likes

Looking forward to Ace Baldwin/Aiden Mahaney matchup.

2 Likes

Hate that matchup. Also find it disrespectful for an A-10 double champ to only be a 12 seed. A10, MW, American, and WCC double champs should automatically be single digit seeds imo

I also find it sketchy they paired VCU-St Mary’s and FAU-Memphis. Wouldn’t want too many teams from outside the P6 having a chance at advancing

1 Like

Thanks yo

But then I might miss our 3rd OT vs Furman!

1 Like

Agree on the defense but I’m skeptical of the top 5 hoops piece. Think they are pretty challenged offensively at times. Not as bad as our mid-late February stretch but worse than us outside of that stretch. I don’t expect either team to break 50 before the under 4 if UVA and SDSU meet

1 Like

I don’t understand why this needs to be a rule. What if the conference sucks one year?

They don’t need to do anything. This is a personal preference but I believe a 5 seed should not be ‘rewarded’ by having to play a VCU team that lead a high major league wire to wire and won that tournament. The A10 produces NBA players every year. They sometimes win games in the tournament. Are we really ranking their champ at the same level as the Horizon and CAA champs? Even though they do better than the Mountain West in the tourney?

But really my issue is the committee still hasn’t figured out what to do with teams from those ‘high major but not P6’ leagues. Much less consistency year to year in how they are treated than with P6 and true mid major teams. Much more about ‘feel’ with those squads than the actual metrics (yes I realize the hypocrisy of my complaint being based on a general sense of quality over time rather than KenPom or a tangible metric of a specific year)

I’ll listen out for you guys over on the UWS.

2 Likes

Come join us at Haneys. He is hosting.

3 Likes

Gonna be working (or trying to) during commercials and halftime - I won’t be any fun lol

2 Likes

This is where the “law” in “Lawhoo” becomes a big drag lol.

6 Likes

Charleston over San Diego state. San Diego State is gonna grind them out.

4 Likes