NCAAT First Round - Furman vs Virginia (12:30 PM, TruTV, Thursday, 16 Mar 2023)

I created a thread dedicated to just the Furman videos, if anyone wants them. And please add!

5 Likes

Edit: my bad I will stop. Like seeing the videos myself as well

2 Likes

National media before the Furman matchup is announced: Looks like an overweight guy in overalls, awkwardly dribblingā€¦

National media after the Furman matchup is announced: WOW! Look at that tight handle. Only looked at the ball once. Real good change of direction. Very confident player. Heā€™s really going to give this overrated Virginia team a good pummelling!

15 Likes

My intel says the hat he is using deciphers holes in the Packline while sending 3 point angles to the brain

3 Likes

Did you guys know that Virginia never blows teams out?

4 Likes

Well s$%t Kadin canā€™t stop a guy wearing overallsā€¦ Weā€™re Fā€™d

6 Likes

Personally, it is only Tuesday and Iā€™m already very tired of national media types who have watched maybe like 1.5 of our games acting like Furman is the fkn ā€˜96 Bulls.

Respect to the Paladins but come on. Weā€™re better. We will (probably) win. Not guaranteed (yes theyā€™re decent!), but still.

10 Likes

Also ā€” if our Jerseys said Charlottesville State instead of Virginia a lot of these mfs would be drooling over how ā€œbuilt for the tournamentā€ we are:

ā€” experienced guards!
ā€” defensive minded!
ā€” smart coach!
ā€” not too reliant on the 3!

18 Likes

Okay but ā€œCharlottesville Stateā€ on orange jerseys would be sick.

28 Likes

I think we have a merchandising idea here. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™m a proud CSU alum.

Edit - CS (Charlottesville State) vs CSU (Charlottesville State University) vs CSUV (Charlottesville State University - Virginia)

I like CSU.

4 Likes

I think these days they brand themselves as ā€œUniversity of Charlottesvilleā€ but us old-timers will never stop calling it ā€œCharlottesville State.ā€

6 Likes

How about Virginia Statute University - Charlottesville

The VSUCs

2 Likes

Nah. Middle Virginia State at Cvile

5 Likes

Oh wow youā€™re way old-school. Thatā€™s what my dad used to call it.

3 Likes

I grew up in Middle Tennessee so MTSU Blue Raiders!

I Like your dad hometeam

3 Likes

My dad (a double Hoo) never in his life uttered the words ā€œVirginia Techā€ or ā€œVT.ā€ It was VPI all the way.

3 Likes

Loved the old OVC team nicknames. Blue Raiders, Zips, Governors, Racers. It was quite the collection.

3 Likes

Also really good teams and rivalries back in the day

2 Likes

We could go REALLY old school and call it Central College (Jeffersonā€™s original name)

4 Likes