New summer recruiting thread

So no one on the coaching staff is there for Power’s games today? Or am I confused and his 2 games are tomorrow?

1 Like

Tomorrow.

Also @KarlHess it looks to be High school 3pt line, not college.

3 Likes

Seems good

Don’t forget Declan MacManus (Elvis Costello).

6 Likes

@HoozGotNext I know we’re looking for a pg, but how many of these guys actually fit that role and not a KG role? Having a hard time deciphering what TB is recruiting this class post LJ

My first reaction is that I love those kicks and I had to grab those for like 250 on stockx, and those recruits get them for free.

1 Like

Well…There are degrees. Elmarko Jackson would be Virginia’s future point guard… Dilione probably would be. Gertrude would be more Darius Thompson, part of his value is being a reliable fill-in PG.

9 Likes

From DMV Live on twitter

7 Likes

Is there anything to be made of Johnny Carpenter being on the road instead of Soderberg? Potentially getting him experience for a future jump to full time assistant?

How is Tony feeling this morning?

Oh I don’t know what went into the decision to send Carpenter out this time vs Soderberg filling in for an April weekend. Good experience for him anyway as you said.

2 Likes

lol almost committed to Wisconsin on the spot. (also lol he forgot Maryland initially)

6 Likes

I got no idea where the kid WANTS to go, but it ain’t Maryland

6 Likes

Aside from JWilly and JJ hanging in the second row, what jumped out at me in this pic at DMV is the coach on the front row in the blue shirt. That’s Jamie Cosgrove the HC at DIII Trinity in Connecticut. Never seen a coach wired so tight. It’s worth the price of (no) admission (DIII, after all) to watch him on the sidelines during games. Not surprised to see him there. He always pulls great athletes who are lacking just one or two key skill ingredients (or size) that keep them from being D1 players. That said, like many successful DIII programs, he has had guys transfer up (Varun Ram to Maryland) and down (Ben Callahan-Gold, Tulane to Trinity).

Here ends my DIII post. (Unless anyone wants to talk about K’s grandkid going to NYU. :rofl:

4 Likes

Looks like he’s wired tight. My wife’s alma mater. I think squash is the thing there

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s Patsos interviewing

1 Like

Knows how to stop Steph

Agree. This kid isn’t going to Maryland.

1 Like

Very biased opinion, but I think he wanted UVA and dad said no. Compromise is that he doesn’t have to go to Maryland like dad wanted

3 Likes

Does his dad not like UVa cause he’s a bitter twerp? I’d rather my son play 2 hours from Nova than all the way in Wisky, maybe he’ll get 2 away games at Md at most while there.

2 Likes