New Transfer Thread

Very punchable face

3 Likes

Jaelyn Withers would have been really interesting.

3 Likes

As expected Frederick to Kentucky

1 Like

Redundant with Igor?

2 Likes

Possibly. Probably would be more Traudts position if I had to guess

Yeah, Withers would have been cool. I liked his game, but that ship has sailed and I think we’re hoping Igor does a version of that for us.

1 Like
1 Like

Blue Ridge School kid- maybe as a Murphy bench/spot starter replacement for a year??

6 Likes

U Hartford is killing the bball program at the D1 level. Is he worth a look?

IMHO it is pushing the envelope to go into a season with one proven post player.

Anybody entering the portal this late probably already knows where they’re going.

Who’s our proven post player?

Jayden Gardner.

3 Likes

Debatable. He’s never played in an ACC game so hard to call him proven, maybe promising or something like that. We honestly don’t have any “proven” players aside from Clark (though I don’t want to start a debate about him right now) and maybe Franklin given that he’s Big 10 tested.

He was first team All AAC. That’s more proven than anyone returning in the ACC.

3 Likes

I think you can call Gardner proven. The American isn’t a slouch league, and he played massive minutes for three years while collecting accolades. He’s going to be starting and playing a ton of minutes.

Also, guess is that Shedrick will be starting at the 5. He’s not proven, but staff seem to have confidence in him based on how little they’ve been involved with other post players in the portal.

7 Likes

I consider Gardner proven by his ridiculous numbers against Houston and other good competition. He always seems like he steps up his game against good players and competition.

6 Likes

Any chance we’d try to get involved again? That said I imagine we’d be a bit far from home as well. Maybe he’ll join the circus at UGa

Trey Wade decommits from Nevada due to family reasons (msn.com)

18 Likes

Love this from Buddy, fine young man by all accounts.

5 Likes

Why? I wouldn’t presume to know the minds of the staff, but signing this wing for a one year stint doesn’t make much sense to me. With Stattmann, Franklin, McCorkle, Murray, & Milicic on the squad, the wing position might be a bit crowded. Especially if Beekman and Clark are on the floor together. Even if the intention is to groom Milicic for a front court role, there are still few minutes for someone else. And, if a miracle of miracles happens, and Murphy returns… Then, you have to wonder what attraction Virginia has for a wing good enough to contribute given the fact that there is no clear path to playing time, and that has to be a concern for someone who only has one year of college ball left to play.

1 Like