🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

1 Like

The pastner talk in the other thread lead me to trying to find the Pastner Pregame speech for the Memphis Virginia round of 32 game (I know it’s somewhere online I remember finding it again once and watching it).

Instead I found this. Dude was coaching his own damn teammates. love it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Man thats hilarious. In my day we would have told him to stop talking

2 Likes
5 Likes

An undersized big is not a wing.
And a 5-8 small forward is not a point guard.

Lol who is a 5’8 small forward?

Hoos had one in 2019

Height on MJ’s jumpshot:

Height on Isaac M’s jumpshot:

12 Likes

OK, based on the comparison, I’ll just go ahead and say it. Tony Bennett is the only person who can hold Isaac McKneely to under 20 ppg.

4 Likes

Well Tony Bennett holds everyone under 20 at UVA with our molasses on a cold day pace.
Someone would have to shoot 65% and 48% from three with the dearth of shot attempts we get.

So youre saying TB is Dean Smith!

1 Like

Little known fact - MJ averaged 20 a game his 2nd year and 19.6 his jr year.

1 Like

maybe 10-12 his first year?

13.5 on 53% shooting.

1 Like

I wouldn’t get too excited over the height of his jumpshot. If anything it kinda worries me. Westbrook is also famous for jumping super high on his shot and he’s never been able to shoot

2 Likes

Did you seriously compare Isaac to West brick??? Funny…

1 Like

Exactly. But without the tie.

1 Like

I mean you can take umbrage with the comparison, but this is an established problem for guards

“Citing a team source, Stein writes that Rose ‘appeared to modify the amount of lift he had been taking previously on his jump shot in Monday’s shooting session to guard against getting too high in the air before his release.’”

MJ used his ups when he needed to jump above a defender and usually from 15 foot range. I agree that going way up from 3 creates more moving parts than needed on the shot BUT that foto of Isaac M is tremendous.

4 Likes