🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

AND IN FACE-MAULING!

4 Likes

I would be more optimistic about BVP if Gardner were gone. I think he’s a better player skill wise and fit wise for UVA offense and defense…. Hopefully Gardners minutes are cut back at least 30%

2 Likes

But he wasn’t …the best ability is availability… he was a 11-13 ACC roster spot who would have been a serviceable green teamer playing only garbage minutes …. So yes by that definition an ACC player…. Or rotation guy at Pitt or BC.

2 Likes

Off topic but recruiting related for this proud dad… My daughter is a rising sophomore and plays piano competitively … We are at a National Fine Arts competition currently and she had her 2nd college music scout approach and have a conversation after her performance … Hoo knew about the Arts recruiting scene??? :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Can we get a prop market going for @DavetheWave daughter’s art school commitment

6 Likes

Tell her to hit up tipton for the moon edit

5 Likes

That’s great! I didn’t know the conservatories scouted like that.

3 Likes

Some of us here may have started out at music conservatories

2 Likes

Did VT throw her an offer as well? Just because?

5 Likes

VT cannot offer Students based on music alone as the Arts department is Not Independent

2 Likes

You have murdered my poor attempt at a joke making fun VT’s prolific offering of scholarships to everyone on earth with your facts. How could you?

1 Like

Yes but I need to show off that i was an accomplished musician before my current career

4 Likes

Insure those fingers pronto! Very cool man. Enjoy it all and please please dont apply analytics to her game

4 Likes

Ha … too late fresh … always discuss tempo and pace….I’m a drummer.
Maybe why Hoo pace drives me crazy!!! No rhythm!!!

2 Likes

Keep us up on the progress. My nephew/ cousin is big time violin player in Lubbok TX. My cousin, his dad, is a sports psych prof there who worked with all the Guns Up coaches

1 Like

Those scouts are funny. Got calls from Oberlin and a few music conservatories in the North East. I got interested in the military because of music… did the piano competitions and youth symphonic orchestra growing up. Thought… music in the military… no ASCAP? Stabil wage every month? see the world on the military dime? Yes please.

Got to UVa… changed my major to computer science engineering after finding out only the conductor in the Air Force Band is an officer & I would have to get a performance Master’s degree to even qualify but still ended up commissioning into the Air Force as a Cyber Warfare Officer…

4 Likes

Yeah … we’ll see what direction she goes … she also is a song writer and fiction writer - already finished a 24 chapter book at 15. As of now she wants to be a writer first and musician 2nd but she’s been performing about 3 times a month for the last year or so. She advanced to Nationals in 10 categories including oral presentations and writing as well. She did advance to finals already in a written category….
Advancing past regionals to nationals is kinda like getting to the Sweet 16 and then getting a Superior at Nationals is like getting to the Final 4 and then a chance to place in top 10 is like the title game .
So 2 title games out of 10 categories she’s in so far. :grinning:
It’s all cool for this sports dad learning it all …

8 Likes

Mr. Brogdon is that you???

Piano competition update :grinning:
She made Final Callbacks in both categories…… Final 4 here we come!!!

21 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations to her.

3 Likes