🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Plug in papi for kadin and you have a perfect lineup.

4 Likes

Papi stock seems to be on the rise around here. He does look leaner and quicker this year.

1 Like

I do worry that new posters to this forum will think “who is this Reecell guy everyone keeps talking about?”.

1 Like

We can really F em up and just say :bangbang:

The hooper formerly known as Reece!!

4 Likes

I think you just designed the next LRA t-shirt. Just a giant “!!” on the chest. or “!! = NPOY”

4 Likes

Yes! @Merch

2 Likes

@DavetheWave what would your personal top 15 rankings of CBB programs last 10 years (back to 12-13) be? What are your criteria? For me post season success is big but not enough that a team like Syracuse is a top 10 in that time period

1 Like

Off the top of my head I have

1. Nova
  2. UNC
  3. Duke
  4. Kansas
  5. UK
  6. Gonzaga
  7. Hoos
  8. Baylor?

Gets tricky

2 Likes

Very tough to argue with that list. Michigan State maybe?

4 Likes

Could also slide Gonzaga up

1 Like

Man at first glance that list feels right. Would need to actually research to see if everyone is ranked correctly, but I think Nova should be the easy 1 and UNC at 2 also feels right.

1 Like

Pretty good list. I would add Michigan, #7 in Torvik’s rankings if you aggregate from 2013-2022, and also the best performance against seed expectations in the tournament in that time period. Other teams that I think are sniffing around the top ten are Louisville (not good recently but excellent under Pitino during that timeframe), Wisconsin, Florida, Arizona (tourney performance not great, but very good otherwise).

Edit: I’d second Michigan St for the top ten too.

3 Likes

Have to compare Zags vs. UK’s post season. I believe UK has 1 title in the given timeframe and the Zags have 1 championship appearance and 2 Final 4s?

If I had to drop a team Baylor for the aforementioned Michigan St. makes sense. I feel like the window misses out on the Wisconsin Florida Michigan heyday, but I may be favoring post season performance.

1 Like

I’d go back to 2009-10 since there has been weirdness the last 2-3 years including a non post season and a weird no crowd one.
That way it’s 10 solid seasons of relatively normal basketball.

3 Likes

Beat me to it. Agree with this

1 Like

Duke’s an interesting one. In that time period, they have what 1 title and 2 or 3 Final Fours… Very few Regular season titles. Very few Conference Tourney’s. Really a question of how you balance regular season vs. post-season.

Edit: Answer changes if 09-10 or 13

3 Likes

Also, interesting question on how much bad seasons offset good ones. UNC was legit bad 2 or 3 of those years. Duke 1 or 2 of those years. How much do terrible seasons count against/offset good ones?

2 Likes

I will say I intentionally chose this range to include only years since TB has gotten us tuned up. If you want to exclude 20-21 and 21-22 that’s fine but my point was to see where we stack UVA since we got good (now realizing that’s 2013-14 not 12-13)

2 Likes

Edit: I am looking at 2009-2010 season through 2021-2022 season.

1. Duke
  2. Villanova
  3. Kansas
  4. UNC
  5. UK
  6. Gonzaga
  7. Baylor
  8. Hoos
  9. Michigan State
  10. Louisville*

*not sure if you can count the vacated wins in our unofficial poll but I will.

1 Like

Probably need Wisconsin in a top 10, just bc of their success in the early part of the timeframe. A final 4, and a championship game, then a couple sweet 16s recently. Plus a KenPom darling

2 Likes