šŸ™„ No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Exactly and this is why we should always recruit an athletic, defensive, shotblocking 3 or 4 man every other year- even if offensively they have hands of stone. We will always be able to rely on them contributing some way even if we donā€™t run the offense through them and they can always frustrate the opponents offense which is what TB is known for. If they develop an offensive game then the more power to them because then they could become the next Mama-D, Braxton Key etc. And get drafted/two way contract or better.

Then we sprinkle in the offensive talent on top.

1 Like

Is this LRA or have I entered into some kind of alternate universe?

Every time I log in, Haney-and-Dave-in-quarantine is the most heavily visited thread on the board. (And frequently the most entertaining.)

3 Likes

Truly an honor

I legit didnā€™t know where to discuss a current Hoo, former Hoo non-ACC, and a former Hoo ACC player, while also discussing recruiting. Fortunately, Dave created a thread with my name on it. :joy:

(In all honesty, we should probably let this thread die)

3 Likes

Been a great read so far

1 Like

Just when youā€™re getting momentum?

1 Like

You guys shoulda gone under house arrest long ago. If it ainā€™t broke . . .

Body doesnā€™t reach maturity until 23. How many times we seen a guy grow while in college? Look at Kody

3 Likes

My buddy in HS was 6ā€™ 7" and was lightly recruited. Ended up going to Radford, but while there, he shot up to 6ā€™ 11 1/2"ā€¦ was a legit NBA prospect until he blew his knee out his senior year.

My most vivid memory of him at Radford was when they won the All South tournament and played the 1/16 game vs #1 Duke. They got trampled, but during a shot my buddy took that air balled, the announcer saidā€¦ ā€œYouā€™ve heard about throwing up a prayerā€¦ he just threw up a whole rosary!ā€

I still send him gifs of rosaries to this day every March even 20-years later.

10 Likes

@haney You should just rename the thread to something relevant.

2 Likes

How about:[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]

• Hell house
  • Definitely hell house
    [/poll]

Well that didnā€™t work

Points allowed breakdown after 2nd time through film session. Reece allowed the first 2 points of the game. Then did not allow a single point the rest of the game.
Points allowed individually. If a blow by occurs resulting in an assist I credit the points allowed to the blow by-ee.
Clark: 22
Franklin: 16
Caffaro: 4
Coleman: 4
Reece: 2
Stattmann: 2
McCorkle: 2
Poindexter: 2

1 Like

Interesting, but there was so much switching that I donā€™t know if this tells as good a story if we were playing pure man. Eg, at least some of Kiheiā€™s points were when he was switching late onto someone elseā€™s man (like Papiā€™s).

1 Like

Itā€™s accurate - there were 4 additional points on scramble plays - at most 4-6 of the other points may have been on late switches.

1 Like

Smooth move Ferguson

2 Likes

You kids and your internet. I donā€™t get it

1 Like
Iā€™mā€¦
  • Ready for UVAā€™s defense to be great again and make JPJ the new Hell House
  • over this thread

0 voters

Reece!! does not get blow byā€™ed

2 Likes