šŸ™„ No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

I didnā€™t total it to check, but was Gardner 0?

Correct no one scored on Gardner ā€¦ he got scored on twice as a late helper when his teammate got beat

1 Like

I donā€™t remember a 6ā€™7ā€ dude in high schoolā€¦

1 Like
  • How many rebounds will we get against Dukeā€™s front court tomorrow?
  • More than 1?

0 voters

Edit: i cant even make a poll right fml

A reminder of what nba level athletes doā€¦ we will be facing some of those dudes Monday night

1 Like

McKneely just did that too, right?? Same thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dmā€™ed you his name.

In 13 ACC Games ā€¦ Reece is

51% FG%
54% 2 pt FG%
43% 3 point FG%
And is one of only 3 Hoos with a net positive rating in ACC play. +16.0
The other 2 are Shedrick +18.6 and Caffaro +3.0

5 Likes

I said preseason pod Reece!! shoots 38 percent from 3 this year. Understand that his attempts are low but just the improvement is a big deal

His overall game thoughā€¦ Reeceā€¼ļø

4 Likes

@DavetheWave Do you have that info for Armaan? Feels like heā€™s improving a bit

Armaan in 13 ACC Games:

41.7% FG%
52.5% 2 pt FG%
29.6% 3 point FG%
Negative Net rating = -4.7 per 100 possessions

UVA Individual Net Ratings in ACC play:
Shedrick: +18.6
Beekman: +16.0
Caffaro: +3.0
Gardner: -1.1
Franklin: -4.7
Clark: -5.8
Murray: -8.5
Stattmann: -9.0

Is this with how you factor in assists or how mainstream basketball stat sites do it?

thatā€™s straight offensive rating combined with defensive rating from any site

So you just took the siteā€™s offensive rating numbers and not your own? If thatā€™s the case man thatā€™s wild how far Reece is ahead of the rest of the guards.

Yep no tweaks - but if I did with his assist - turnover numbers heā€™d be off the charts

1 Like

In ACC play:
His official offensive rating is 121.7
But heā€™s finished 185 possessions with a FGA (85), assist (72) or turnover (18) and produced 259 points - assuming none of those assists were for threes, thatā€™s an offensive rating of 140 points per 100 possessions.
If 19 of those 72 assists were for threes, then he is producing 1.5 points per possession he finishes.
Imagine what heā€™ll do surrounded by shooters?

2 Likes

this again?! cmon dave. this is a completely insane way to do this, particularly when there are lots of free places online that do it correctly

3 Likes

Since this isnā€™t the Reece :bangbang: thread, I feel compelled to add that I also imagine what he could do if HE could shoot. I guess the obvious answer is get drafted in the first round, so be careful what you wish for!

1 Like

Agree, Dave. No gerrymandered stats. (1) itā€™s bad form; and (2) that is Danny Neckelā€™s job. :wink:

4 Likes