🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

^^^^^^ this FACTS

eff Woj.

4 Likes

Anyone following the stock market? Haha (maybe not funny)

2 Likes

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

ugh … maybe a change in November???

Lotta lotta real problems going on now.

1 Like

Actually had a couple of friends tell me to watch out for 9/23 day in the market … eerie…

Whats 9/23 significance?

Go back and look at what’s happened on some 9/24 days in stock market history

1 Like

Elijah?

3 Likes

Hopefully not, Morant’s team plays better without him

They were 20-4 without him last season

1 Like

Could trade a loss or 2 for those highlights!

5 Likes

Love the 360 layups … we used to have layup contests after practice.

2 Likes

I used that all the time in high school. Spin to the right and let the defender fly by. Actually is a great move

2 Likes

How’d that work out for them in the playoffs?

4 Likes

Gotta agree with Dave here. Pointing any sort of blame at Morant feels horribly misplaced. Memphis doesn’t sniff the level of success they achieved last year without him. He is the straw that stirs that drink and that series against the Warriors completely changed the moment his knee got banged up.

3 Likes

Yeah that actually was an Amazing* highlight real!

2 Likes

Watch how a great defensive possession leads directly to a great offensive result simply because of one thing … the Celtics did not walk the ball up after the stop … they pushed it up - starting with White passing ahead to Brown who drove and drew 2 scrambling defenders - passed to Smart who ball faked 2 out of position defenders opening the pass to Tatum who was being guarded by another out of position defender for the winning bucket…
The simplicity of pushing the ball across the timeline and forcing defenses to defend the first 5 seconds of a shot clock can lead to easy buckets and tons of mismatches.

2 Likes

Great commentary and maybe the worst transition defensive basketball you will find. To your point, very smart to take advantage of it

1 Like

I’ll disagree a tad with the “worst” comment … this happens a lot when the offense actually gets the ball across the division line in less than 4 seconds and probes the defense immediately to test their organization and communication.
In high school, we tried to get a good look at the basket in 7 seconds or less on every single possession - unless at the end of a blowout. It didn’t mean we always took that shot … but it put the defense on skates all game long and exhausted them physically and mentally … it also caused more errors and misses on their offensive end because in the back of their mind they knew as soon as they shot they were having to sprint back.
In college - very similar philosophy by our coach … it makes playing defense less stressful because you knew there would be plenty of possessions to make up for any defensive error. That being said - we were allowed to gamble and play passing lanes much more.

Oh I get it but with 17 seconds or whatever in 1 point championship kinda game if you cant get back fast and find your man something is wrong. I personally agree with pushing and looking for quick opportunities as well

2 Likes